Homebrew new 3ds xl motherboard swap out

jrock23123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a weird question. I recently bricked my new 3ds xl loz edition. A local pawn shop is selling a slightly damaged regular 3ds xl and I'm wondering if the motherboard in the non special edition will work with my special edition. If this is the wrong forum I apologize and will repost. Im just wondering if the motherboard is the same in both. Im capable of swapping them out if so. Thanks!

craftsygaming

Genning for verlis
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a weird question. I recently bricked my new 3ds xl loz edition. A local pawn shop is selling a slightly damaged regular 3ds xl and I'm wondering if the motherboard in the non special edition will work with my special edition. If this is the wrong forum I apologize and will repost. Im just wondering if the motherboard is the same in both. Im capable of swapping them out if so. Thanks!

I don't think so

craftsygaming

Genning for verlis
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you dont think the motherboard would be the same just with a different casing?

its either not going to fit or if it fits you cant connect all of the new buttons and everything will be off by a little or it all magically fits but you now have a o3ds hardware wise

just get a hardmod goddamnit, probs be cheaper

jrock23123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No Im sorry I mistyped. They are both new edition 3ds xls. Just one is a legend of zelda version. I figured that the only difference is the desings on the front and back but I just wanted to make sure.

jrock23123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its going for 75 at the pawn shop which is about how much a harmod to unbrick it would be since I have a sysnand backup. I think I could get it down to 60 too.

j.k.o.k.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No Im sorry I mistyped. They are both new edition 3ds xls. Just one is a legend of zelda version. I figured that the only difference is the desings on the front and back but I just wanted to make sure.

with hardware, sometimes being the same edition wouldn't work out perfectly, as there could be minor changes from edition a+edition b, i doubt this personally in a 3DS, but i've never taken any apart (except my O3DS XL when the start button got stuck)

if i had to say anything to contribute, look at each motherboard carefully, if they're the exact same dimensions, insert slots, and cable fitting placements, you could* try, but i can't guarantee this on a personal level (no exp)

it's better to try+fail, and be able to put them back the way they were, then do nothing. (and as craftsygaming said, you could send it somewhere to get it done professionally, including a hardmod which could work better in your favour later on the line)

Reactions: craftsygaming

craftsygaming

Genning for verlis
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its going for 75 at the pawn shop which is about how much a harmod to unbrick it would be since I have a sysnand backup. I think I could get it down to 60 too.

To be honest, its up to you, but i would suggest a hardmod bc you have a sysnand backup

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how damaged is it?

jrock23123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats true What I'll end up doing is googling the look of the regular n3dsxl since its easy to find and pull apart mine and just compare em. I wouldnt have to risk my 3ds not coming back if I could do sawp em out myself that another pro of doing this.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also only the casing is damaged on the one at the pawn shop

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse