Hacking New 3DS XL in store firmware.

earwaxking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so I'm looking to get a 3DS XL so I can put a CFW on it. Ive been looking around the local stores for version numbers with low firmware but so far no luck (Gamestop has one with QW1067 witch is 9.6 but is far away form me). Question is what do most 3DS XL's ship with if I were to by from walmart or target? all preowned ive found so fare are running 11.0.0

earwaxking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here you go. This should help
Yes this is what I was using when going through my local stores. however the stores I went to all had codes not listed there meaning the firmware's where higher than 9.9. My question is what do new systems usually ship with? can I safely assume ill get something below 10.3 that I can downgrade?

suparnemo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The newest they come with is 10.7, but that's still downgradeable. You just would have to use an alternate entrypoint for homebrew, like a cart exploit.

Last edited by suparnemo,
Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes this is what I was using when going through my local stores. however the stores I went to all had codes not listed there meaning the firmware's where higher than 9.9. My question is what do new systems usually ship with? can I safely assume ill get something below 10.3 that I can downgrade?
10.7 can be downgraded, just not 11.0 yet.

Reactions: suparnemo

suparnemo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a new3ds at 10.7 they sell cubic ninja at GameStop for 26.98 so I used that for homebrew to downgrade

Yeah, worst case really is just use CN to downgrade if you get a high FW. It's a bit more money, but not too bad overall. I guess OP is trying to avoid having to get an exploit game and just be able to use browser based exploits.

TechyTurtle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, worst case really is just use CN to downgrade if you get a high FW. It's a bit more money, but not too bad overall. I guess OP is trying to avoid having to get an exploit game and just be able to use browser based exploits.

Actually its cheaper than its original price and all cubic ninja copies are preowned

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The newest they come with is 10.7, but that's still downgradeable. You just would have to use an alternate entrypoint for homebrew, like a cart exploit.
If it is brand new, it is going to be about lower than 11.0. You have a very slim chance of getting 9.2 or lower, but usually between 9.2 and 10.7
Not true. There HAVE been rare reports of new 11.0 consoles.

suparnemo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually its cheaper than its original price and all cubic ninja copies are preowned

No, I meant having to use an exploit game is a bit more expensive since you have to buy a game as well as a console. CN is a pretty cheap method but some people might want to save the 20-30 dollars and use it elsewhere is all I meant. I assume that's what OP means to do most likely.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not true. There HAVE been rare reports of new 11.0 consoles.

Really? That's interesting. Haven't seen/heard of any myself. Even the new Lime and pink XL models seem to be 10.7! 11.0 would be super unlucky.

earwaxking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im thinking I might just take the long drive and buy the QW1067 version at gamestop. Thank for all the quick feedback ya'll hopefully i dont screw this up.

Reactions: suparnemo

suparnemo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOICE

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hope you have a way to downgarde

Should be able to downgrade moderately easily, can use browserhax and then menuhax for hbl.
I had an issue with 9.6 though and ended up with a very broken partial downgrade and couldn't complete it for a long time. It randomly let me downgrade again after a couple hours though.

earwaxking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should be able to downgrade moderately easily, can use browserhax and then menuhax for hbl.
I had an issue with 9.6 though and ended up with a very broken partial downgrade and couldn't complete it for a long time. It randomly let me downgrade again after a couple hours though.
Happened to me. Got an error screen mid way through the downgrade. When I try and go back to downgrade I just keep getting stuck at hax init. Any tips? updating is obviously out of the question.

EDIT: Was do to BrowserHax, used menuhax again and it finished.

Last edited by earwaxking,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night