Hacking New 3DS XL Gateway Setup Advice?

Charlie.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,

My Gateway 3DS card has just arrived, as well as my Sky3DS which arrived yesterday and I am about to setup the Gateway on my New 3DS XL MM Edition.

I have a few questions I would like answered before I do however;

1) My Majora's Mask 3DS Xl came with the Majora's mask game preinstalled. Is there anywhere to tie this to my NNID so that I can re-download it if I need to, at the moment I haven't registered a NNID on the 3DS.

2) I have the old Zelda 3DS XL console which came with a download code for Zelda Link Between Worlds, presumably this is tied to my NNID already. If I were to sign in on Emunand with my NNID would it allow me to redownload the game on my New 3DS XL (or is system transfer a better option)?

3) The old console also has my save of Majora's Mask which I've been playing through, is the best way to get this on my New 3DS XL to do a system transfer?

4) I have read that to avoid the GW3D not showing bug you need to install Gateway using the default 4GB microsd in the console. Does this need to be formatted first before installing Gateway? Also once installed how do you transfer it to a new, larger microsd?

I have the OOT game to get into Gateway mode, and I always could use the Sky3DS if that didn't work

Thanks a lot!

lPolarisl

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
1) I don't know, on your emunand before unlinking, try to make a NNID and see if the eshop offers you to redownload it.

2) In theory, yes, I believe.

3) I doubt a system transfer would transfer a save... If there is a way, i'd say it would be through gateway, but I don't really know...

4) I don't use gateway, sorry :(

kutteke

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
1) I'm not sure about this one... sorry
2)same as above
3) I've used system transfer to transfer saves from old xl to new 3ds xl, explanation : https://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-to-emunand-system-transfer-sucessful.378549/ (just turn off your router when you try to boot emunand after the system transfer and abort)

4)The best way to do this is to format emunand on 4gb card, do a system transfer to it. Use emunandtool to extract emunand. Format emunand on new sd card (make a backup if this is the one from your xl) and inject the emunand from the 4gb card. This should give the GW3D in settings and you won't be in any danger of updating sysnand.

Hellhacker1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dunno about 1-3 but they fixed the gw3d bug with the latest release bring 3.1.1. I have set up my n3ds with a. 16gb card and the bug was not present after being there during 3.1.0

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dunno about 1-3 but they fixed the gw3d bug with the latest release bring 3.1.1. I have set up my n3ds with a. 16gb card and the bug was not present after being there during 3.1.0
I think it is better but there are still some reports of it not showing. Mine work now. :)

Charlie.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've done my old 3DS XL and setup Emunand and updated to 9.5.0-23

Just booted into the Gateway menu on my New3DS XL using the OOT exploit and Sonic's save file :) Backing up the NAND now

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I've done my old 3DS XL and setup Emunand and updated to 9.5.0-23

Just booted into the Gateway menu on my New3DS XL using the OOT exploit and Sonic's save file :) Backing up the NAND now

Shouldn't you have backed up your nand BEFORE updating your Emunand?

I don't own a Gateway (yet), but I'm just curious :)

Charlie.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry I didn't word it correctly,

I have 2 3DS XL, one of which is the new one.

On the old one I ran the web exploit, backed up the NAND and then formatted the EmuNAND then updated to the latest software version.

On the New one I have just run the OOT exploit and am backing up the NAND.

Charlie.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I followed the same steps for setting up Emunand on my NEW 3DS XL, but it seems the sysnand and emunand are still linked (the themes are the same on both even if I change it on one).

On my old 3DS XL they are definitely not linked as the themes change, and I set this one up about 30 minutes ago.

What can I do to unlink the sysnand and emunand?

iViperz

Trophies
XP
Country
1) Yes, if you set up NNID as normal, you'll be able to go into eShop and redownload the game anytime. Works just fine with my SSB console and my MM console.

2) You won't be allowed to use your NNID on your N3DSXL, it'll say it's already linked to another console or something, and that you'd need to system transfer to use that NNID.

3) It depends on how the save is stored, if it's a Gateway save from rom, just copy the save onto your desktop. If it's a .cia, use SaveDataFiler to extract the save.
If it's a legit eShop game downloaded on emunand then I'm not sure if SDF would work but system transfer will.

4) Gateway have released a new launcher (v3.1.1), which fixes the GW3D visual bug to my knowledge.

I followed the same steps for setting up Emunand on my NEW 3DS XL, but it seems the sysnand and emunand are still linked (the themes are the same on both even if I change it on one).

On my old 3DS XL they are definitely not linked as the themes change, and I set this one up about 30 minutes ago.

What can I do to unlink the sysnand and emunand?

To unlink sysnand and emunand, while the N3DS is off, take out the mSD card, then turn on the console, then do a system format. After that put the mSD card back in and it'll be unlinked.

Charlie.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
2) You won't be allowed to use your NNID on your N3DSXL, it'll say it's already linked to another console or something, and that you'd need to system transfer to use that NNID.

Thanks for your reply,

If I were to transfer my sysnand on old 3ds to my emunand on new 3ds, how do I go about doing that (so I can use my NNID on my new3ds).

Do I need to unlink the sysnand and emunand before doing the system transfer, and should the old 3ds be in sysnand and the new 3ds be in emunand when I start the transfer?

Thanks again

iViperz

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your reply,

If I were to transfer my sysnand on old 3ds to my emunand on new 3ds, how do I go about doing that (so I can use my NNID on my new3ds).

Do I need to unlink the sysnand and emunand before doing the system transfer, and should the old 3ds be in sysnand and the new 3ds be in emunand when I start the transfer?

Thanks again
I feel that this post would be more beneficial compared to myself explaining the process
http://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-to-emunand-system-transfer-sucessful.378549/

Plus it's 8pm and I'm lazy to explain the process, sorry! :P
But seriously, I hope the link does help you.

Charlie.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So it's emunand to emunand I want, not sysnand (old 3DS) to emunand (new 3DS). The reason I want to do the transfer is to keep my NNID and hence be able to redownload my copy of Zelda link between worlds.

iViperz

Trophies
XP
Country
Well it depends on your old 3DS set up, I take it all your files are stored on emunand? and NNID linked in emunand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1