New 3DS XL for US/Europe 9.0/9.2 or new 9.4 firmware?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Lockerzpoints2, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Lockerzpoints2
    OP

Lockerzpoints2 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 15, 2015
    United States
    Like the title says, does anyone know if the NEW 3DS XL will have 9.2 firmware (9.0 Europe) or will it have the brand new 9.4 update? I've asked around and a lot of people said you have to update when you get it out the box. I'd like to get a NEW 3DS XL and sell my old one POSSIBLY.

2. chikoo_69

chikoo_69 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2015
    Canada
    Saint-Hubert, Quebec
    Impossible to tell until someone with a early unit leaks that information. I want to know too, but in any cases, im pretty sure Gateway team will figure a way out to exploit 9.4+

3. Miles54321

Miles54321 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 16, 2010
    Gateway Headquarters with SonyUSA

Sounds like good news

I
    I've heard that the New 3DS XL in Australia is version v9.0 but I might need to clarify with some people as i'm thinking of selling my older one
    Until perhaps check youtube and also ask people too :)

4. RenegadeKid

RenegadeKid GBAtemp Fan

Aug 11, 2013
    France
    Since it needs time to produce and make an electronic device, I think the consoles were already made months ago, well at least when they released the firmware 9.0.

If it doesn't support Gateway, you still can use sky3DS which supports the latest firmware.

Anyway I don't think it will come with a firmware above 9.4, so you are good to go.

From what I've heard, the ambassador edition came with 9.0 in Europe.