Homebrew New 3ds XL Dual IPS

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It is more of a lottery, not based off model. You have 25% of getting a top and bottom screen IPS.
In reality it's probably way lower than that.
But it does seem like some limited editions have a high chance of being dual IPS. Probably because at the time of manufacture, all they could get ahold of were IPS screens, and limited edition consoles usually only get one production run.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the New Pikachu Edition 3ds xl have Dual IPS screens?? What about the Majora's Mask or Hyrule Editions??
I have a Hyrule Edition with dual IPS. I had 2 Majora's Mask systems. One was dual TN, one was IPS top/TN bottom.

As others said, it is a lottery and returning a product because it doesn't have the correct screen types is not a valid return reason with GameStop and most other stores, fyi.

Nowadays, if you can run homebrew on the 3DS, you can check the screen types with 3DSIdent. Otherwise it's up to your eyes.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In reality it's probably way lower than that.
But it does seem like some limited editions have a high chance of being dual IPS. Probably because at the time of manufacture, all they could get ahold of were IPS screens, and limited edition consoles usually only get one production run.
i can atleast account the Pokemon anniversary 3DS's had a higher chance, my Non XL one is a Dual IPS

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, my Animal Crossing N3DS XL (the cheapest New XL model I could find at the time) turned out to be a dual IPS once I checked it out with 3dsident. Honestly though, the panels aren't as well calibrated to eachother as the TN screens found on my launch-day O3DS or N3DS, so there's another kind of lottery at play as well.

Reactions: PalmeraJam

SmellyPirateMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Pikachu 3ds I have had TN screens. Haven't checked my Zelda edition consoles yet but probably not. It's a gamble. I did get lucky and got a dual ips fire emblem white and black n3ds XL though

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Hyrule Edition with dual IPS. I had 2 Majora's Mask systems. One was dual TN, one was IPS top/TN bottom.

As others said, it is a lottery and returning a product because it doesn't have the correct screen types is not a valid return reason with GameStop and most other stores, fyi.

Nowadays, if you can run homebrew on the 3DS, you can check the screen types with 3DSIdent. Otherwise it's up to your eyes.

Checked my hyrule edition, dual tn. My o3ds xl also says dual tn.
Does your say the model is new 3DS - red? It doesn't look red to me :P

j0hnnyj0hns

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway to tell from the serial # if its dual ips or not??

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

another hyrule with dual ips here - think I got it Jan 2016

What's the serial # sequence on it?? I'm trying to find a Hyrule Edition with dual ips

Kingdave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
783419-A0-DE26-49-A4-84-BB-15287-D582707.jpg

77-EFC00-F-4362-45-A5-A529-75-DC7-D1-DFBD8.jpg

C837-BBD4-7-CA5-4-D89-822-C-068-C3-E235-BBA.jpg

image.jpg

Reactions: peteruk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended