Hacking New 3DS XL crashes a few seconds after booting up

ForzattsMask

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't touched my 3DS in probably about a year but I recently picked it up to play through Pokemon Ultra Moon and everything was going fine but after a couple days of playing, I started getting an error when opening Ultra Moon before getting to the title screen. Later I noticed that I'll also get the same error on the 3DS home screen if I don't do anything after turning on the system.

My 3DS version is 11.9.0-42U and my Luma3DS version is 9.1

Here is the error:

An exception occurred

Processor: ARM11 (core 1)
Exception type: data abort
Fault status: Translation - Section
Current process: boss (0004013000003402)

I did some research but I could only find other people with a core 0 error and not core 1.

I have tried Disabling ARM11 exception handlers and it worked, but whenever I closed my 3DS and entered sleep mode, it wouldn't be able to wake up without turning off the system. So it just seemed like a band-aid rather than a solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also as a side question, would it be safe to update my 3DS to the current version once this error is resolved? If more information on my system is needed to answer that, please let me know.

ForzattsMask

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check if your SD card is fake, faulty, or dying.
  1. Copy everything off the SD card to a computer.
  2. Quadruple reformat.
  3. Full Write + Verify the empty card in H2testw. Do not skip.

First of all, thank you for the advice! I updated my Luma3DS to the latest version then followed the steps you listed but I'm still getting the error. Do you have any other ideas as to what I can do?

I'm pretty sure the SD card isn't fake since I bought it from a store. And I bought it specifically for my 3DS to install the custom firmware and I haven't used it for anything else. Is it still possible that it's faulty or dying even though I haven't used it very much?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First of all, thank you for the advice! I updated my Luma3DS to the latest version then followed the steps you listed but I'm still getting the error. Do you have any other ideas as to what I can do?

I'm pretty sure the SD card isn't fake since I bought it from a store. And I bought it specifically for my 3DS to install the custom firmware and I haven't used it for anything else. Is it still possible that it's faulty or dying even though I haven't used it very much?
Whether you think it aint fake or not. You still need to check your sd card. There have been some rare fakes that have gotten into store stock before.

Reactions: E1ite007
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4. Delete the *.h2w test files, and add everything back to your SD card.
5. Update to the latest custom firmware & 3DS firmware setup.
  • Homebrew Launcher v2.2.0 , Luma3DS v10.2 , boot9strap v1.3 , GodMode9 v1.9.1 or v1.9.2pre1 , Sys 11.13.0-45U
  • Download Links: new-hbmenu , Luma3DS , SafeB9SInstaller & boot9strap , GodMode9
    • sdmc:/
      • boot9strap/
        • boot9strap.firm
        • boot9strap.firm.sha
      • gm9/
        • scripts
        • support
      • payloads/
        • GodMode9.firm
        • SafeB9SInstaller.firm
      • boot.3dsx
      • boot.firm
  • Insert the SD card into the 3DS, and turn on the system. Press and hold the (SELECT) button to access Luma3DS v10.2 configuration. Use these exact settings.
    • luma3ds_v10-1-3-png.214219
  • [3ds.hacks.guide] Updating B9S
    • You can delete the boot9strap folder and SafeB9SInstaller.firm after updating.
  • [3ds.hacks.guide] Finalizing Setup, Section VI - CTRNAND Luma3DS
    • This will install/update Luma3DS on the CTRNAND, which allows booting without the SD card.
  • HOME MenuSystem SettingsOther SettingsSystem Update
6. Check if the 3DS still crashes browsing in HOME Menu and when playing Pokemon Ultra Moon.​

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

ForzattsMask

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4. Delete the *.h2w test files, and add everything back to your SD card.
5. Update to the latest custom firmware & 3DS firmware setup.
  • Homebrew Launcher v2.2.0 , Luma3DS v10.2 , boot9strap v1.3 , GodMode9 v1.9.1 or v1.9.2pre1 , Sys 11.13.0-45U
  • Download Links: new-hbmenu , Luma3DS , SafeB9SInstaller & boot9strap , GodMode9
    • sdmc:/
      • boot9strap/
        • boot9strap.firm
        • boot9strap.firm.sha
      • gm9/
        • scripts
        • support
      • payloads/
        • GodMode9.firm
        • SafeB9SInstaller.firm
      • boot.3dsx
      • boot.firm
  • Insert the SD card into the 3DS, and turn on the system. Press and hold the (SELECT) button to access Luma3DS v10.2 configuration. Use these exact settings.
  • [3ds.hacks.guide] Updating B9S
    • You can delete the boot9strap folder and SafeB9SInstaller.firm after updating.
  • [3ds.hacks.guide] Finalizing Setup, Section VI - CTRNAND Luma3DS
    • This will install/update Luma3DS on the CTRNAND, which allows booting without the SD card.
  • HOME MenuSystem SettingsOther SettingsSystem Update
6. Check if the 3DS still crashes browsing in HOME Menu and when playing Pokemon Ultra Moon.​

Just followed your instructions and it seems like everything is working now! Thank you so much! I really appreciate all your help and dedication!

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    the L hdmi adapters work great on my tv and receiver. so much less stress on the ports using them than regular cables. in that instance anyway.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A bigger battery could defeat the need for weighted magnets tbf
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Nowadays pc mice come as light as can be, liked mine with some heft
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like holding girth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I also listen to Beck, some of their songs are fine. Only found out about them through Windows Me; you know, that one operating system nobody ever likes?
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza