New 3DS XL CFW not reading DLC

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by RedBlueGreen, Jan 17, 2016.

1. RedBlueGreen
    OP

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    I've tried both CakesFW and ReiNAND but neither is reading the DLC for games unless I actually purchased it. Is CFW on the N3DS unable to read DLC you haven't paid for? I do have a NNID with the Super Smash Bros. DLC I can actually use purchased on it linked to EmuNAND if it matters.

2. reiyu

reiyu Canadian, eh?

Jan 8, 2008
    Canada
    did you go to the eshop after you installed your dlc? if so, that deletes it. don't even bother going to the eshop.

3. RedBlueGreen
    OP

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    I did. Is there a way to fix it? I tried reinstalling but it didn't seem to help.

4. reiyu

reiyu Canadian, eh?

Jan 8, 2008
    Canada
    there's no fix to it. you should NEVER go to eshop if you're installing titles with fake IDs. it always deletes it. just install the DLC and run your game.

5. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    I went to the eshop a few minutes ago and my smash dlc (that I downloaded as a cia) wasn't deleted. Or is does that only happen on linked nands? Because mine are unlinked on new 3ds reinand 10.3

6. reiyu

reiyu Canadian, eh?

Jan 8, 2008
    Canada
    not sure about linked nands, but it does randomly delete DLCs if you didn't pay for it.

7. RedBlueGreen
    OP

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    So basically the eShop saw that I didn't pay for some of the DLC, but saw the fighters (that I paid for) as legitimate so I got to keep them?
    My nands are unlinked.

8. nero99

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    Strange. With all the dlc I've had on 3 different 3ds systems with emunand and all the fun stuff. my new 3ds is the only one that the eshop hasn't deleted it from. Maybe I'm just lucky?

9. reiyu

reiyu Canadian, eh?

Jan 8, 2008
    Canada
    probably, or i could be wrong. but yeah, eshop is a major culprit too. also if you go to sysnand system settings and software, you'll just wipe all your CIAs clean.

10. nero99

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    As long as you purchased the dlc, it will still show up in your redownload section in the eshop. But do what rei said. It's always best to stay off the eshop after you install .cia dlc packs because of the deleting issue. Unless someone finds a way to make it impossible for non-purchased dlc to not delete, use the eshop at your own risk.

RedBlueGreen likes this.
  11. RedBlueGreen
    OP

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    I'm going to try to blank the dbs files in emunand and reinstall the DLC and maybe the games to see if that helps.
    EDIT: I just couldn't find .cias of come of my purchases.
    UPDATE: I'm an idiot. Didn't realize blanking the dbs files was essentially formatting.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen, Jan 17, 2016
  12. Aroth

Aroth GBAtemp Addict

Apr 14, 2015
    United States
    Make sure the DLC is from the same region as the game. Check the last 8 characters of the title id before it install it. It if doesnt match the game you have installed, it won't show up.

I strongly suspect the problem for a lot of people (especially since i only seem to see people with downgraded systems reporting this) is that the are installing a rf patched version of the game and then wondering why DLC doesn't work.

You should only ever install a game from another region with a RF patch if the game does not exist in your region.