Hacking New 3DS XL Brick after Downgrade from 10.5 to 9.2 Without Backup.

geocamus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Disconnect your 3ds from the SD connector so it boots up "like normal", and hold L+R+Up+A as you boot up.

If it continues to hang on a black screen, then you cannot do anything to fix that system for now...

If you manage to enter the Recovery Menu, use it to update to 11.0, then use your hardmod to downgrade your NATIVE_FIRM and then use a haxgame to run the downgrader again, using the correct 9.2 N3DS downgrade pack: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Hardmod-Downgrade

Im doing this before doing the hardmod and dont work, i just recently doing it disconnecting from the sd reader, and nothing, only 2 black screens.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im doing this before doing the hardmod and dont work, i just recently doing it disconnecting from the sd reader, and nothing, only 2 black screens.
Oh, then sorry, you are out of luck for that 3DS... Maybe one day we'll find out how to decrypt someone else's NAND.bin and flash it to our own systems, but not today.

Keep an eye out for "bootrom dump", I guess: I doubt it'll happen anytime soon, but it is possible this could save your system one day.

Last edited by CrispyYoshi,

shadowharold

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
Te contesto en español, al usar los archivos cia de old3ds en New3ds dañaste tu 3ds sin tener manera de repararlo, lastimosamente lo unico que podes hacer es comprar la placa nueva y re intentar el downgrade, me imagino que ni siquiera usaste el safesysupdater, si lo hubieras usado el programa hubiese detectado tu error garrafal y no hubieras dañado tu 3ds, lo siento mucho el proceso no es tan dificil pero sin importar el tutorial que seguiste debia decir algo acerca de usar los paquetes de 9.2 correctos.

Eng.
When you use the cia files for old3ds on a New3ds it will brick without a way to fix it (unless you had a previous nand.bin) unfortunately the only thing you can do now is to buy a new motherboard, and try the downgrade again, I imagine that you didn't even bother to use safesysupdater, if you would've used it, safesysupdater, would've detected your terrible mistake and you wouldn't damage your 3ds, I am sorry about it, the downgrade process is not that hard, however every tutorial should warn users to use the correct update packages.

Reactions: geocamus

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i have a new 3ds model 2015, when i try to downgrade to FW 9.2 and reboot not show any video on any of two screens. I think i bricked, also i dont do it a backup, so, i searched that doing a hardmod it can be restore, but need a backup nand.bin, but i dont doing it, cause the console has the original systema without mod. My question is: Do i need to buy it a new mainboard? or use a nand.bin of other new 3ds? to restore my console.

So, i encourage to do the hardmode and well i soldier every wired on every part of the circuit and every pin of the sdcard.
But when i connected to sdreader (without connect to usb PC), I get this error and only turn on the bottom screen and the up screen remains black:

BOOTROM 8046
ERRCODE: 00F800FE
00000000 00000000
00000200 00000000

Sorry for my bad english, but im spanish person.
This are the pictures of my 3ds.

5ceb85b43b.jpg

5cebe56714.jpg

5ce9dc52d6.jpg

5cec3f2b62.jpg

So, if a good option to buy a mainboard? On aliexpress are on $58, i dont spend on shipping. Im considering if i srewed whit this, buy it and replaced. Could i have problem whitout another board?.. For your Information I have a degree on electronic. By the way, the wired cables are enameled and dont make contact each.
The only way you can really save your 3DS now is by installing a new motherboard. It provides a new NAND. Or wait until someone can make a generic NAND that everyone can use.

geocamus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Te contesto en español, al usar los archivos cia de old3ds en New3ds dañaste tu 3ds sin tener manera de repararlo, lastimosamente lo unico que podes hacer es comprar la placa nueva y re intentar el downgrade, me imagino que ni siquiera usaste el safesysupdater, si lo hubieras usado el programa hubiese detectado tu error garrafal y no hubieras dañado tu 3ds, lo siento mucho el proceso no es tan dificil pero sin importar el tutorial que seguiste debia decir algo acerca de usar los paquetes de 9.2 correctos.

Eng.
When you use the cia files for old3ds on a New3ds it will brick without a way to fix it (unless you had a previous nand.bin) unfortunately the only thing you can do now is to buy a new motherboard, and try the downgrade again, I imagine that you didn't even bother to use safesysupdater, if you would've used it, safesysupdater, would've detected your terrible mistake and you wouldn't damage your 3ds, I am sorry about it, the downgrade process is not that hard, however every tutorial should warn users to use the correct update packages.

Gracias amigo, buena recomendacion. Segui un tutorial pero lastimosamente me emocione demasiado que no me di cuenta que archivos habia descargado y que no eran los correctos para mi modelo. Y no amigo, soy algo nuevo en el mundo de los 3DS, aun no se como usar el safesysupdater, si tienes un buen tutorial de como usarlo en estos modelos, te lo agradeceria infinitamente, claro para usarlo con la nueva placa que compre.

Selver

Trophies
XP
Country
Gracias amigo, buena recomendacion. Segui un tutorial pero lastimosamente me emocione demasiado que no me di cuenta que archivos habia descargado y que no eran los correctos para mi modelo. Y no amigo, soy algo nuevo en el mundo de los 3DS, aun no se como usar el safesysupdater, si tienes un buen tutorial de como usarlo en estos modelos, te lo agradeceria infinitamente, claro para usarlo con la nueva placa que compre.

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Note: Use the English version for best results, if you can.

shadowharold

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
Yo segui los que hay aqui aunque en español el mas completo esta "Elotrolado" googlealo.

I followed the ones here although in spanish the best one is in "Elotrolado" google it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-