New 3ds xl blue and red light when trying to turn on

Mrzio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
By some days my new 3ds xl modded with luma 11 and b9s doesnt turn on, infact when I try to do so a red light on top and a blue light below appears and it shuts down. I tried to update boot.firm and boot.3ds copying the new luma files but nothing, tried to turn on the nintendo pressing select but only 2 times it worked and applied the option to load the new version. I also reformatted and verified the micro sd that i user with Minitool partitioning wizard and H2testw but no error appeared, and also tried to turn the 3ds on without the micro sd and by doing so the red light turn pink.

Albertie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I had a similar issue recently. I found that if you have changed the boot.firm file on your SD before, you could change it to the original Luma3DS boot.firm.
Or, this could be a battery issue. You could replace it with a new one or blow the dust off of it.

WoCheck

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I had a similar issue recently. I found that if you have changed the boot.firm file on your SD before, you could change it to the original Luma3DS boot.firm.
Or, this could be a battery issue. You could replace it with a new one or blow the dust off of it.
Would you mind explaining that a bit more? I am having the exact same issue.

Mkspartan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My console is having the same issue, would formatting the micro sd and re installing homebrew do anything?

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have a new 3ds or 2ds watch this vid and if its a older model go to 3ds.hacks.guide

You should probably just go to 3ds.hacks.guide since they actually keep it up to date. Videos are great for visual reference, but your best bet is always the hacks.guide sites. If there's a discrepancy, go with what the hacks.guide site says.

would formatting the micro sd and re installing homebrew do anything?
The custom firmware isn't on the SD card. It's on the NAND within the device itself.

Mkspartan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My console is having the same issue, would formatting the micro sd and re installing homebrew do anything?
I just recently fixed mine by formatting the sd and then installing the sthetix 3ds starter pack, but I didn’t care about any of my data on it. I had only had it for a day before it got “bricked.”

frozencat

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
By some days my new 3ds xl modded with luma 11 and b9s doesnt turn on, infact when I try to do so a red light on top and a blue light below appears and it shuts down. I tried to update boot.firm and boot.3ds copying the new luma files but nothing, tried to turn on the nintendo pressing select but only 2 times it worked and applied the option to load the new version. I also reformatted and verified the micro sd that i user with Minitool partitioning wizard and H2testw but no error appeared, and also tried to turn the 3ds on without the micro sd and by doing so the red light turn pink.
probably a missing file

AlexDark3

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Algunos días mi nuevo 3ds xl modificado con luma 11 y b9s no enciende, de hecho cuando intento hacerlo aparece una luz roja arriba y una luz azul abajo y se apaga. Intenté actualizar boot.firm y boot.3ds copiando los nuevos archivos luma pero nada, intenté encender la nintendo presionando select pero solo 2 veces funcionó y apliqué la opción de cargar la nueva versión. También formateé y verifiqué la micro SD que uso con el asistente de partición Minitool y H2testw, pero no apareció ningún error, y también intenté encender la 3ds sin la micro SD y al hacerlo, la luz roja se volvió rosa.
you fix it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte