New 3DS XL arriving... lots of info needed !!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Lemuria83, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Lemuria83
    OP

Lemuria83 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2013
    Italy
    Hi guys

During the next week i will receive a new 3ds XL. Actually i read a lot of topics about new flashcards, old and discontinued flashcards, fakes, clones... the result is that i'm getting mad!! :wacko:

My simple question is the following : which is the best flashcard i can actually buy and where to buy from ?
    I live in Italy so the supplier shall be able to ship in my country.

I read something about the gateway card but someone says that it's too buggy for now and DSTWO is still better. What about ACE or R4s ? Please HELP ME!

2. Zaide

Zaide GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2009
    United States
    DSTWO is the best card, but it only plays DS games (no 3DS games). As for getting it, I use realhotstuff.com, but I don't know if they ship to Italy or not.

3. Xexyz

Xexyz GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz

Jul 29, 2013
    United States
    沖縄県
    DSTwo is the BEST flashcard right now.

use realhotstuff.hk if they can ship to italy.

4. ShadowNeko003

ShadowNeko003 ~Nyah~

Jun 9, 2008
    United States
    Get a DSTwo.

5. Lemuria83
    OP

Lemuria83 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2013
    Italy
    Thank you very much to you all.. it's fantastic to receive such an unanimous suggestion!

Some questions :

1) realhotstuff.com and realhotstuff.hk are the same supplier ?

2 ) Shall i wait to check the firmware of the 3DS before buying the DSTWO or does it make no difference ?

3 ) Any one knows this site : http://www.chipspain.com/es/consola...1669/supercard-dstwo-microsdhc-32gb-8479.html ?

4 ) In the link above, it is shipped with a SDHC 32Gb class 4... do you think class 4 is fast enough ?

Thank you in advance

6. aiat_gamer

aiat_gamer GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2008
    Iran

4) Yes it is enough, I am using the same one without any problems.
    Please know that you cant use DSTwo to play 3DS games, only DS games!

7. Zaide

Zaide GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2009
    United States
    1) I'm quite sure they are. I've ordered from both. COM is located in America and HK is in Hong Kong, but I believe they are run by the same people.
    2) Doesn't matter. DSTWO is compatible with the latest firmware. You may need to update the DSTWO, but that's pretty simple and doesn't require any additional hardware.

8. Lemuria83
    OP

Lemuria83 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2013
    Italy
    Thank you all again.. i think i will order from discoazul.com (they ship in Italy and they are from Spain), its' better for me to order in a European country in order to avoid additional duties.