Hacking New 3ds XL and R4i 3ds deluxe card not launching

burs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bought the mrs the new 3ds xl which arrived today. Went through the same steps when setting up the r4i 3ds card as I had done previously on her old 3ds.

However I now have the same issue as this video

wherein when I go to the nintendo ds profile and the launch.dat will not boot, simply get the change colour/message option?

Any ideas

thanks

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That's one of the Gateway or MT clones, right? It won't work on anything higher than 4.x, and not on the New 3DS (XL). The only 3DS-mode flash cart working on the New 3DS right now (with a public release, Gateway has yet to release anything) is Sky3DS.

burs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
According to their website "R4i Gold 3DS supports the newest 3DS V9.5.0-22 directly ! (2015-02-03)"

So Im not sure

Locke644

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to their website "R4i Gold 3DS supports the newest 3DS V9.5.0-22 directly ! (2015-02-03)"

So Im not sure

Sadly, that sounds a bit like misleading advertisement to get people to buy them for the N3ds. I'd just wait to see if they will support the n3ds (they probably will, just later down the road).

worst case scenario, try to ask for a refund.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I wouldn't be surprised if the DS-mode cart that came with it worked on 9.5, but I'm pretty doubtful that the 3DS-mode side is working. If it was, I'm pretty sure we would've had a crazy storm of topics and posts saying "buy the R4i Gold now!! it supports 9.5 while Gateway doesn't!!"

burs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive sent them an email to see what they say. Card still works fine on the old 3ds so must require some kind of update for the n3ds.

Locke644

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive sent them an email to see what they say. Card still works fine on the old 3ds so must require some kind of update for the n3ds.

More than likely, that'll be the case. In any case, could go with the overpriced sky3ds. so, thankfully, there are other options out there.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So Im not sure
The r4i Gold 3DS is a DS mode cart. I have one. The R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe Edition is the gateway clone.

Sorry to break this to you but that card is unlikely to ever work on anything over 4.5 on the old 3DS. They have not updated that cart since last July.

Reactions: daxtsu

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Edit: Beaten to the punch by multiple ninjas. Welp.

So Im not sure
They lied? Without a link to the source of the quote I'm little confused about which card it refers to.

The cart used to play DS games may work on 9.5 and/or the new3DS. The cart used to 3DS games however, will not work on 9.5 and/or the new3DS, and almost certainly never will.

If you've got your heart set on pirating games on the new3DS, you'll have to get a Sky3DS or wait for Gateway to support the latest hardware revisions.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i wonder how many people have actually bough a R4i DE based on the misleading naming and website setup, i was wondering why they where even still producing them, buy i guess there is one born every minute :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn