Hacking New 3DS XL an error ocurred (ErrDisp) type: generic process id: 67115840

Kilian2070

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello. I haven't used my new 3ds xl in a couple of months and I've been trying to play it again. I updated luma from 9.0 to 10.0, but after that I've been getting a black message every time I try to play any of my games:

An error ocurred (ErrDisp)
Error type: generic
Process ID: 67115840
Address: 0x00000d1a
Error code: 0x000000d1

I got an kingston 64GB sdxc, if it is worth mentioning.

Thanks in advance!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot copy the "nintendo 3ds" folder into my computer. Is this ok?
Unfortunately, no.

The test has to be done with the card empty,or you won't get clean results.

You'll need to find a computer or external drive that's big enough to hold everything.

How long ago and from which store did you buy that SD card?

Kilian2070

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Unfortunately, no.

The test has to be done with the card empty,or you won't get clean results.

You'll need to find a computer or external drive that's big enough to hold everything.

How long ago and from which store did you buy that SD card?

Okay so I did the test and everything with my card was fine. Any other solutions?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The main issue is that before updating to luma 10.0, I had an error code about arms11.
What was the exact ARM11 error message?

In the Luma3DS v9.1 configuration, were you using the setting (x) Disable ARM11 exception handlers?
Using that option causes problems. It's not a fix for ARM11 bugs. Turn on the 3DS, hold (SELECT) to access configuration, and unmark it if it was turned on.

Anyway, here's Luma3DS v9.1. Test its stability for those games in comparison to Luma3DS v10.0.1.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Kilian2070

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What was the exact ARM11 error message?

In the Luma3DS v9.1 configuration, were you using the setting (x) Disable ARM11 exception handlers?
Using that option causes problems. It's not a fix for ARM11 bugs. Turn on the 3DS, hold (SELECT) to access configuration, and unmark it if it was turned on.

Anyway, here's Luma3DS v9.1. Test its stability for those games in comparison to Luma3DS v10.0.1.

I did not have that setting marked. Gonna try to use luma 9.1. Maybe is a corrupted CIA causing the problem?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did not have that setting marked. Gonna try to use luma 9.1. Maybe is a corrupted CIA causing the problem?
FBI will not install CIAs if they have bad checksums or mismatching hashes compared to the archive's TMD records.

Your games could have been corrupted after they were installed. This usually occurs due to bad SD card.

If H2testw did not report any errors testing the (emptied out) SD card, your titles should have been kept intact.

In order to test whether or not those three games were affected by data corruption, you can try dumping them back into CIAs.
Games will fail to be backed up into CIAs if their APP contents have mismatching hashes against the TMD.

:!: Do not reinstall the games you backed up. Doing so will overwrite and delete their saves.

Other than Luma3DS, perhaps there's something wrong with the 3DS firmware.

LinusRoot

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I copied everything from the SD card, exportet my savestates and formated the SD card. Then i copied everything back, reinstalled the Games, pasted the Savestates and everything worked fine :). Hope i could help and sorry about my bad english xD.

BTW: the reason for the errors are bad blocks on the sd card, but when formatting, they are put back in order

Akira_diamond231

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I had the same problem with my 2ds (which works like a o3ds) but now the error marks
Errortype: generic
Process ID: 38
Process name: LPDUAL_B
Processs title ID: 0x004000001a04000
Any help?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This happens when I'm trying to play Super Mario Maker

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And yes I changed it from Luma 10.0.1 to Luma 9.1 and that's how I got the error code

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol