New 3ds White [Japanese] firmware ?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Gruntzer, May 9, 2015.

1. Gruntzer
    OP

Gruntzer GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2014
    Libya
    hello
    i couldn't find a reliable source in my searches and i wanted to put the question here.
    i need to buy a new 3ds and i really like the japanese white ones and i want to buy one to use with gateway if possible so i need to inquire about shipping firmware if i am to buy them from amazon.com

so my question is ... do any of them come with 9.2+ firmware or do they all still ship 8.1 ?

2. ravihpa

ravihpa GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 11, 2007
    India
    This was a LONG TIME AGO (like more than a month) where I heard/read here a GBAtemp member saying he was visiting someone in Japan and desperately trying to look for a LOWER THAN 9.2 firmware Jap N3DS for himself, and all he could find was consoles GREATER than 9.2 firmware.

This in itself would make finding a Jap N3DS at or below 9.2 a dream.

Nonetheless, I would suggest making a WTB post here at GBAtemp. Maybe some member here at GTAtemp would want to get rid of his Jap console?

OR

May be try your luck by asking any known Jap sellers (play-asia or nippon-yasan.com ?) about the firmware of the console they're selling before purchase?

That's all I could think of.

Best of luck :)

Gruntzer likes this.