MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
My DSi is permanently on 1.4.5U until there is a SERIOUS reason to update the firmware, but seeing is it's a dying system now, I don't think any more updates will come out for the system. I don't use the eShop on my DSi because I'm not going to downgrade my online security down to WEP just to shop for games.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Confirmed! R4i Gold 3DS(r4ids.cn) will get the new patch(3DS V6.2.0-12) released later today..

Let me guess, (given their current track record) they are going to make it so we have to open up the cart again, scratch off two gold contacts, run the update, but if your card is rev C, you're fucked chicken, and only 1/3rd of all cards will update correctly as usual. Oh, and then they will make another hardware revision to fix THIS fuckup, and call it: Rev C. Sound about right? Maybe they'll paint a second white dot onto the PCB to tell it apart? I'm so fucking sick of dealing with this company, so I'm definitely getting a DSTWO later this month.

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Since i live in the end of nowhere in france i streetpass 1 time per week or something...
will this change something?

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
40 dollars is rather expensive for something you know will break and become useless very soon. We're not all in the situation where 40 bucks are chump change and we dont all have parents who hand out 50's like they're 5's.
The SCDS2 is the only card that has not needed a hardware revision in its entire lifespan to still function.
This. Some people are a bit dense.

Reactions: DiabloStorm

stephysanrio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The update on r4ids.cn doesn't really say if its compatible with the rts cards (not sure if both hard different revisions since I had never play with that one just the rts...)

Does it give more detailed information in the read me?

zabikt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
My DSi is permanently on 1.4.5U until there is a SERIOUS reason to update the firmware, but seeing is it's a dying system now, I don't think any more updates will come out for the system. I don't use the eShop on my DSi because I'm not going to downgrade my online security down to WEP just to shop for games.
You should know that DSi supports WPA in all DSi programs, eShop included. WEP is needed for old DS games only. Newer games (like Pokemon Black/White) also support WPA on DSi/3DS.

Since i live in the end of nowhere in france i streetpass 1 time per week or something...
will this change something?
Depends how many people with 3DS live in your area. To have StreetPass 2 conditions must be met.
First there must be people with 3DSes, second these people must meet (be in one place at one time).
This StreetPass relay solving this second condition. Now will be enough to visit a place with Nintendo Zone. If anybody visited this place before you, you will receive StreetPass with his data. Next person after you, will receive your data.
If you have this StreetPass once per week, means that somebody has 3DS in your area. It should work for you.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
  • Added support for the StreetPass relay feature
What does that really mean?
i think it works like this

when you are at Nintendo Zone location
you streetpass with that, with the last 3DS that used the Nintendo Zone
then you streetpass in at that Nintendo Zone, for the next 3ds

watch the Nintendo Direct Mini - 7.18.2013 , around the 2:20 mark) it was explained ( there

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i think it works like this

when you are at Nintendo Zone location
you streetpass with that, with the last 3DS that used the Nintendo Zone
then you streetpass in at that Nintendo Zone, for the next 3ds

watch the Nintendo Direct Mini - 7.18.2013 , around the 2:20 mark) it was explained ( there

Thanks ;)
It's a nice feature for you guys in USA, some countries in Europe,
but here, I doubt I'll find any Nintendo zone ever.

It's basically a "Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience"
which means, blocked flashcards once again. Not that it troubles me, I have a R4i Gold so I'm fine.

stephysanrio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r4i gold rts card works flawlessly after updating :lol: (HYC had the new stock where the card does not need cutting or patch to work on 6.0/6.1 though so i cant confirm for the ones that were cut...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans