New 3DS, ReiNand x Gateway and CIA installations...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by archnachoofthepi, Jan 17, 2016.

1. archnachoofthepi
    OP

archnachoofthepi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2007
    United States
    I know, I know, I'm like, the resident noob here >_<

So, I tried searching around to no avail and spend the better part of the day on getting my New 3DS set up. Here's where I'm at:

I did Gateway for 10.3 and was happy with it, except in Gateway mode the slot wouldn't read any card except the gateway one. I had everything booting lovely, going through the Nintendo DS Profile and all, but, losing the slot was a concern.

So, after a bunch of work I got ReiNand working, only problem is that I can't install anything that installs CIA files. Tried Nasa, wouldn't load, tried FBI, threw an "Invalid Command" error.

So then, managed to get a dual boot thing going on, where I can use Menu Hax to get to ReiNand and Cubic Ninja to get to Gateway. Only problem there, is that my 128 gb card just refuses to load homebrew, but will load roms no problem.

Earlier in the day my 4 gig loaded homebrew no problem. But, I've done a system transfer, so, my legit stuff is all on that 128 GB emunand and my NNID is linked to that emunand as well.

Basically, I'm stuck hoping for a way to install .CIA files on ReiNand, maybe something I haven't tried yet. Because, honestly, ReiNand for me is pointless without the .CIA feature, and I'd like to avoid having to carry Cubic Ninja and the Gateway card as well just to play my handful of fan translation titles.

The only option I have left that I can think of is to extract my Emunand, inject it into my 4GB card, install big blue that way, then extract my emunand again and inject it back onto my 128gb card. Little paranoid about that, but, it's an option I think?

Once again, I appreciate your help in advance and appreciate you tolerating my noobishness; I'm learning, I promise!

2. Filo97

Filo97 Zelda's totally my sister! Not lying!

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    try to use some cia installer in .3ds version and use it to install them in emunand using gateway, next you boot the emunand with reinand and you are done.

3. aos10

aos10 look at me,shitposting about GW,i am so cool

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    When you in gateway emunand mode,
    Press select , then press up, choose classic sysnand or system 7.0+ to be able to use any game.

Last edited by aos10, Jan 17, 2016
  4. bjaxx87

bjaxx87 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 17, 2011
    Germany
    Exactly, Gateway and ReiNand can share the same EmuNAND - no need to swap cards. So just install BBM in GW mode and use it in ReiNand.

And btw: Do you know about GW Classic mode? You can use cartridges with Gateway, just switch the mode!

5. archnachoofthepi
    OP

archnachoofthepi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2007
    United States
    You guys are awesome, thank you very much for the speedy replies and the help! I didn't know about classic mode, thank you!

My only problem with getting the cia installer setup, is that every time I try to launch big blue menu, FBI menu or anything like that using my Gateway, the screen stays black for longer than usual and then I get an error and it reboots to sysnand. I think its something to do with how long it takes to read the data on my 128gb card, and I haven't sorted out a way around it yet. If I can get it to launch successfully once though, I'll be able to go ahead and install the CIA installer.

I really just want to be able to install the english patched version of Labyrinth no Kanata and every so often try out a new title before I purchase it >_<

There's the option of using Gateway to play the rom of Labyrinth no Kanata, but it just feels kind of silly to carry two extra cards just for one game if there's a better option out there. I'll keep trying to get one of the CIA Installer roms to launch; maybe if I wait for longer periods of time before launching the rom it might go ahead and read my card.

Thank you guys again, I really appreciate all of your help!

6. bjaxx87

bjaxx87 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 17, 2011
    Germany
    So after choosing the .3ds file of title manager (BBM) in your GW ROM selection menu it crashes...? Try to place in on a different msd card inside your GW card. If it fails, try to download it from a different place, it might be broken.

7. DingusPingus

DingusPingus GBAtemp Regular

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    Sounds like you have a corrupted or fake sd card