OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
scramble_leak-300x225.jpg

Well, the first Pokémon game coming for the 3DS (excluding the Dex) may not be what you were waiting for. This screenshot was posted on the Japanese partner ShellSpider and is of a game reservation info list from Lawson (a Japanese convenience store).
Obviously this is NOT rock hard information as the game has yet to be even announced by Nintendo, but often retailers get information much earlier than the announcements are put out
smile.gif
Their slip ups are our luck!

From what the rumor claimed, it’s going to be in CoroCoro this month and will be released in October. It is a spiritual sequel to Pokemon Rumble for the WiiWare (which was called Pokemon Scramble in Japan), except it’s a lot more expansive and is a four player (local and WiFi) Gauntlet-style game.

There are only 5th Gen Pokemon included except for Pikachu, at least judging by the preview in CoroCoro, and the initial playable character are Pikachu, Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott. You basically run around hack-and-slashing your way through other Pokemon, and each Pokemon can level up and learn new attacks. It utilizes the models from the recent 3D Pokedex, apparently. Kind of a non-turn based Mysterious Dungeon, you could say. – Kenhorou[/p]

Great! At least some details on the Pokémon 3DS game! Althought I'd have liked something along the lines of a Pokémon Stadium 3D or Pokémon Colosseum/XD 3, I really enjoyed the Pokémon Scramble. It was a nice hack'n'slash WiiWare, and now with the cool 3D models, it would also explain why only the new Pokémon were on the 3D Pokédex app. I'm looking forward to it.

icon11.gif
Source

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how anyone could've liked Rumble. It was just a shitty dungeon crawler with no depth. It was more mindless hacking and slashing than Dynasty Warriors.

Hopefully it'll be a main series game. Any spin off that's not a TCG related one is crap in my book.

MigueelDnd

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
I don't see how anyone could've liked Rumble. It was just a shitty dungeon crawler with no depth. It was more mindless hacking and slashing than Dynasty Warriors.

Hopefully it'll be a main series game. Any spin off that's not a TCG related one is crap in my book.

If this is not developed by Ambrella, maybe they can fix the errors Scramble had and make it a good experience. It just lacked some depth, the idea could be pulled off pretty well if they have some ideas to add.

Yatashi Strife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says super pokemon rumble on the japanese sign. Reading japanese is great! A 3ds version of Pokemon Rumble would make my day no doubt! great game!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MigueelDnd said:
If this is not developed by Ambrella, maybe they can fix the errors Scramble had and make it a good experience. It just lacked some depth, the idea could be pulled off pretty well if they have some ideas to add.

TBH you may as well just look into Heroes of Ruin if you want hack 'n' slash dungeon crawling. If Pokemon Rumble was the same concept but with a different license then everyone would hate it.

I'm just sick of getting shitty Pokemon spinoffs when they neglect some of the decent ones like the TCG and even the Pinball game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs