antofi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys,
So after some time my New 3DS sort of started with a bug that is known for the old 3DS. It is permanently scrolling to the top. So I read through the threads about this subject, disassembled my New 3DS and replaced the electronic part of the dpad with a new one, but that didn't solve the problem sadly, it is still scrolling. Did anyone else have this problem aswell or has any idea how to resolve this issue? I would be very thankfull for any idea what possibly could be wrong.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On the old 3DS, it also had the scrolling problem. Replacing the motherboard and the control stick does nothing. It's the touchscreen that's causing the problem and needed a replacement.

Reactions: antofi

antofi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I replaced the whole dpad part as you can see in the picture. Which flex cable is the touchscreen connector on the other picture I made. Is it on this side or on the backside of the board?

Attachments

• IMG_20161112_140957.jpg
    IMG_20161112_140957.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_20161112_141007.jpg
    IMG_20161112_141007.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 108
Last edited by antofi,

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I replaced the whole dpad part as you can see in the picture. Which flex cable is the touchscreen connector on the other picture I made. Is it on this side or on the backside of the board?
Drew a little red circle.

http://i.imgur.com/pPP4kX0.jpg

Just disconnect that see through cable from the motherboard and see if it stops auto scrolling. Obviously you won't be able to use the touchscreen but if the scrolling stops but the buttons work then we've narrowed it down to the touchscreen being faulty.

Reactions: antofi

antofi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I disconnected it, but nothing changed sadly but the touchscreen to stop working obviously. Btw when I opened it up I saw that there was a big blue B on the cardslot (as seen in the picture) and some pencil drawing inside the casing. Could this be a refurbished device? Because I bought it for the full price back in the day labeled as new.

Edit: Don't know why, but right now it stopped scrolling after I disassembled and reassmbled it for like the 50th time. Also I think it might be a connector around the circle pad area.

Edit 2: Didn't last long... :(

Last edited by antofi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.google.com/search?q=MSU+Genesis&rlz=1C1VDKB_enUS988US988&oq=MSU+Genesis&gs_lcrp=EgZja...