New 3ds (or o3ds with circle pad pro) as a controller for wii u

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by erikas, Apr 12, 2016.

1. erikas
    OP

erikas GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2015
    Since the new 3ds has the same button as wii u, would it be possible to make it function as a controller for the wii u if both systems are hacked(since it already supports ssb)?

2. Ashell

Ashell Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2016
    United States
    I have the app that lets you use the 3DS as a controller for SSB, so yes I think its possible like that. But that app is just a controller. You don't get the screen on the 3DS. The problem with something like that is that the 3DS, and even the NN3DS are still wireless g. I think the WiiU pad is 5GHz wireless n. So the bandwidth is not there for video.

Another issue is even if you do some Adhoc shit and relay the controls, you basically lose all online stuff because most people don't have the Lan Adapter.

3. CIAwesome526

CIAwesome526 Im ugly and im proud

Mar 25, 2014
    United States
    The Lake, Kalos Region
    wii u has 2 extra controller buttons not counting extra things like the tv buttton.

4. Maverick Lunar X

Maverick Lunar X GBAtemp Fan

May 5, 2009
    United States
    TIL the Wii U gamepad uses 802.11 wireless.

Has anyone messed with using the gamepad on a pc? If someone managed to get something like Steam In Home Streaming working on it in the future, I'd likely refer to them as a god.

5. Whatnoww

Whatnoww GBAtemp Regular

Jan 27, 2016
    Canada
    I heard that someone was able to use the gamepad directly with a PC, but the hack was never released to public use.
    Although, UsendMii lets you use the gamepad with a PC over WiFi by assigning the triggers and buttons to keyboard buttons.