Votes: 17 73.9%

• Total voters

TheZoroark007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Im planning to get myself a New 3ds , but I'm not sure which model I should chose. I think I should get a Xl, bit I don't know if it fits my hands better then regular.
So any suggestions which model I should get?

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really comes down to this.

If you want some basic customization of your New 3DS, get the smaller one with the face plates.

If you would rather have a bigger screen, get the XL.

I would personally get the XL my self, but that's just me (even if the smaller 3DS came to North America, I would still have got the XL).

TheZoroark007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok.The only thing I am worried about is, that some people write that the power button on the Xl is very easy to press accidently.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i choosed mine according to this: do you plan to play outside or at home?

if you want something you want to always carry arround, choose the regular new 3ds its easier to bring with yourself and lighter...

if you are probably play more at home get the XL.. i always play the console at home.. so xl was indeed a good choise...

if weight\size is not a problem for you (if you use a backpack to go outside or something like that, also get the XL..

the normal size 3ds is very good for use at school.. specially because being smaller also means less risk of damage.. (either in case you let it fall on the floor, or you are in a crowded place)

SirAileron

Seeker of Truths
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, if you can comfortably use an XL, go for it. Bigger screen and longer battery life are definitely selling points.

I wish I could comfortably use an XL system, then I wouldn't have to sit here, praying that Nintendo releases the normal-sized one in the US.:(

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok.The only thing I am worried about is, that some people write that the power button on the Xl is very easy to press accidently.

I've never had an issue pressing the power button on my XL. It's actually quite hard to press. It's only easy to hit if the bottom faceplate is taken off the unit for SD card access.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The XL hurts my hands. I have chronic hand pain, so I definitely value the lighter console. I also love cover plates. I imported a black, EU N3DS.

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
I have compared both the New 3DS XL and the New 3DS side-by-side.

points to consider:
* if you hate gloss surfaces as much as I do then you will want the New 3DS. Beautiful matte!
* the XL screens are actually more immersive but the regular's are not bad either.
* the 3D effect isn't any better on the XL; it's just more immersive due to the (again) bigger screens
* the Metallic Black XL unit is actually grey (gray)
* the speakers sound identical to me

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I recommend the regular n3DS, it's more comfortable to use in any position as it's light enough to hold one handed with ease, even for me with huge hands.
The screen looks much sharper than the XL due to the XL having an oversized screen for the resolution.
And as a plus, you get pretty faceplates :)

I own both the original 3DS, 3DS XL and the n3DS, and I think n3DS got the size just right. It still looks about as sharp as the original 3DS screen, but doesn't feel tiny when I'm playing on it, like the original one did after having used a XL once.

Reactions: Ryccardo

skebeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
i have the regular N3ds and my hands get tired and after 20-30 minutes playing i cannot feel them. so i would suggest getting the regular one if your hands get tired easily. otherwise get the XL. Bigger screens are better!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for...