Hardware New 3DS ? Or Better 3DS XL?

renes2

~New World~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey Guys, i wanna buy the New 3DS...or 3DS XL?

Ive got a Nintendo 3DS XL, and i am thinking about the Gamestop Exchange Offer (1x3DS Xl +3 Games = New 3DS +40€//New 3DS XL +60€)

My Question are to all New 3DS User:

Since ive got the Nintendo 3DS XL, should i better take he New 3DS XL?
Is the Difference big?(Screen Size, Light,)
Or maybe the New 3DS XL is too big?

idk, thanks for every answer

poisonousj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The New 3DS XL has the exact same screen size as the old 3DS XL. The New 3DS (non-XL) has a bigger screen than the old original 3DS screen. I haven't seen it in person but the 3D effect with the New 3DS is suppose to be WAY better. Also I saw some comparison screens of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and it appears to have better textures on the New 3DS. If you got the money I'd go with New 3DS XL!

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yea I don't think the pixel density has been increased or anything. Good question though, I'll check. Edit: nope it's identical.
It's settled then. I'm buying myself a regular one without the glossy fingerprint magnet, I even heard it lays more comfortably in hands. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I thought about getting a New3DS as I too will soon have enough to upgrade from my original 3DS. But the only games I'm interested in that might be exclusive to it or might have enhanced features would be the 7th gen Pokemon games whenever they come out. Current Pokemon games do not run any better on the New3DS so there's no point in me wasting the extra money on buying one.

So it will be another year before I see myself getting one. On the downside though, if I do wait like I expect that I will, it will be harder to get one that is on a fw that's exploitable by Gateway. The launch units are pretty much expected to be on 9.0/9.2 at this point. It's going to be the 4.5 situation all over again. The launch units and perhaps the next batch might still have an exploitable firmware, but all new ones made after that will not.

The small size version of the New3DS WILL come to the USA. Nintendo just decided to not release it right now. I'm sure they're already getting a lot of backlash for it and will cave at some point and make that available too. But it will come much later and by then they will already be on 9.3/9.4 and beyond. So I'm pretty sure the USA normal New3DSs will never have the exploitable firmware. While the New3DS XL (or LL as Nintendo wants to call it) will have 9.0/9.2 on the first/second batch produced.

After that they will become on increasingly rare commodity like the old XL was with 4.5 fw. So I'll probably end up having to pay more for one on 9.2 if I wait until next year. :(

But despite that, I'm still going to wait. :P

EDIT: However if someone finds that missing connection on the motherboard to finally get NAND mods working on the New3DS, I might consider getting one earlier. :D

stussy1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both new 3ds and xl and smaller one is more comfortable using
It but xl screen is way bigger my choice small one feals better and
Screen looks sharper

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat