Homebrew New 3DS NTR CFW Constantly causing Bravely Default to crash help

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, Plailect's guide covers backing up and restoring your EmuNAND quite meticulously. I've done it on two N3DSs without a single problem.

@HyperT the ntr.bin goes on the root of the SD (if using BootNTR Selector, which I recommend) regardless of the NAND type.
Yea, just checked and ntr.bin is also on root when not using BootNTR Selector - I thought it might have been a luma/$subfolder

Reactions: vgplayer54

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where does it say that? D9 can be used between both models. The 2.1 NAND transfer image is for O3DS only, but that's because the N3DS was never originally meant to run that firmware version. It's safe to flash though.
Okay, so it seems part 1 of the guide just describes how to boot into Homebrew Launcher, which I can already do. But then part 2 says I need to boot into Decrypt9 to flash 2.1.0 ctrtransfer image. Is Decrypt9 an app that I'm supposed to launch at the Homebrew Launcher? The guide isn't too clear...

Also, the guide says "If you update a 2.1.0 New 3DS using the built-in System Update, you will BRICK. Follow the steps as written!" Am I using a 2.1.0 New 3DS? I am on firmware 9.2 on SysNAND...not 2.1.0

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so it seems part 1 of the guide just describes how to boot into Homebrew Launcher, which I can already do. But then part 2 says I need to boot into Decrypt9 to flash 2.1.0 ctrtransfer image. Is Decrypt9 an app that I'm supposed to launch at the Homebrew Launcher? The guide isn't too clear...

Also, the guide says "If you update a 2.1.0 New 3DS using the built-in System Update, you will BRICK. Follow the steps as written!" Am I using a 2.1.0 New 3DS? I am on firmware 9.2 on SysNAND...not 2.1.0
Follow the guide from Part1. In the old version of the guide part1 was setting up menuhax; in this version it's setting up decrypt9 [which for you will be added as a hbl app]

Once you crt-transfer to 2.1 your system will be running o3ds 2.1 firmware - that warning is there to make sure you stay away from Settings ==> System Update. You should only be on 2.1 very briefly; you'll backup 9.2 downgrade to 2.1; restore to 9.2; backup 11.0.33 emunand then upgrade sysnand to 11.0.33 with that.

Again all covered in the guide.

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Follow the guide from Part1. In the old version of the guide part1 was setting up menuhax; in this version it's setting up decrypt9 [which for you will be added as a hbl app]

Once you crt-transfer to 2.1 your system will be running o3ds 2.1 firmware - that warning is there to make sure you stay away from Settings ==> System Update. You should only be on 2.1 very briefly; you'll backup 9.2 downgrade to 2.1; restore to 9.2; backup 11.0.33 emunand then upgrade sysnand to 11.0.33 with that.

Again all covered in the guide.
Wow that's quite a bit! Okay, I will follow this guide from scratch, as if I had no previous access to homebrew or EmuNAND. So long as my firmware is restored to that of the N3DS so I can still enjoy the N3DS exclusive games and such. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to help someone like me who doesn't keep up with stuff like this too often. I really appreciate it!

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, so I've undergone all of the instructions and it seems to have worked!! The SysNAND version under settings now says "Sys 11.3-U" which looks like a good sign! Thank you for the help, I have yet to test Bravely Default but I will get to it hopefully tomorrow. Now one more question...the guide said I had to restore NANDmin.bin when it was time to restore the backed up NAND. Would I also be using Hourglass9 to restore my old EmuNAND backup? in order to restore all my previous data? and how would I get rid of the EmuNAND thats no longer in use so I can reclaim that 2GB on my SD Card?

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I've undergone all of the instructions and it seems to have worked!! The SysNAND version under settings now says "Sys 11.3-U" which looks like a good sign! Thank you for the help, I have yet to test Bravely Default but I will get to it hopefully tomorrow. Now one more question...the guide said I had to restore NANDmin.bin when it was time to restore the backed up NAND. Would I also be using Hourglass9 to restore my old EmuNAND backup? in order to restore all my previous data? and how would I get rid of the EmuNAND thats no longer in use so I can reclaim that 2GB on my SD Card?
To reclaim the space use EmuNAND9 to format the SD. Make sure your SD is backed up. Afterward, use Hourglass9 to restore your EmuNAND dump to SysNAND. You don't flash NANDmin, it's just your pre-A9LH backup.

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
Yea look at the bold at the top of part 3 section iv; you didn't need to flash NANDmin; but no harm in doing so to quickly get out of 2.1. You seem to have overlooked that bold bit but you'll be fine dumping emuNAND and flashing over your updated sysNAND

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To reclaim the space use EmuNAND9 to format the SD. Make sure your SD is backed up. Afterward, use Hourglass9 to restore your EmuNAND dump to SysNAND. You don't flash NANDmin, it's just your pre-A9LH backup.
Yea look at the bold at the top of part 3 section iv; you didn't need to flash NANDmin; but no harm in doing so to quickly get out of 2.1. You seem to have overlooked that bold bit but you'll be fine dumping emuNAND and flashing over your updated sysNAND
Alright, I've followed all instruction and most of it seems to have been a success. I did end up flashing the NANDmin.bin as per the instruction, however I am now on the latest firmware, and able to successfully boot into Hourglass9 and Luma3DS. Now one last thing...I put my old EmuNAND NAND dump back on my N3DS SD Card in the files9 folder (Where NANDmin.bin was dumped) and flashed it back to my sysNAND using Hourglass9. It sorta worked...all my apps and games that were on my old EmuNAND have returned as wrapped gifts on the home menu, including the homebrew apps. I was even successfully able to install a .cia on this new home menu. The problem is however it wasn't a perfect flash - my 3DS themes are gone, NTR doesn't work at all, despite returning ntr.bin to the root of my SD Card and having the flash restore the ntrboot app to the home menu. Is there any way to restore an exact copy of my old EmuNAND the way it was dumped rather than just integrate the games and apps onto this new home menu? Perhaps it has something to do with my EmuNAND dump not including a .bin.sha file like the dumped NANDs via Hourglass9 had?

Last edited by vgplayer54,
Reactions: Deleted-379826
D

Deleted-379826

Alright, I've followed all instruction and most of it seems to have been a success. I did end up flashing the NANDmin.bin as per the instruction, however I am now on the latest firmware, and able to successfully boot into Hourglass9 and Luma3DS. Now one last thing...I put my old EmuNAND NAND dump back on my N3DS SD Card in the files9 folder (Where NANDmin.bin was dumped) and flashed it back to my sysNAND using Hourglass9. It sorta worked...all my apps and games that were on my old EmuNAND have returned as wrapped gifts on the home menu, including the homebrew apps. I was even successfully able to install a .cia on this new home menu. The problem is however it wasn't a perfect flash - my 3DS themes are gone, NTR doesn't work at all, despite returning ntr.bin to the root of my SD Card and having the flash restore the ntrboot app to the home menu. Is there any way to restore an exact copy of my old EmuNAND the way it was dumped rather than just integrate the games and apps onto this new home menu? Perhaps it has something to do with my EmuNAND dump not including a .bin.sha file like the dumped NANDs via Hourglass9 had?
It may have been an error or that's just how it is. Either way I believe you used CHMM2 for themes right? I don't think you can transfer that so you'll just have to reset it. And we can help with NTR! The reason is because you need another compatible version with a9lh!

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It may have been an error or that's just how it is. Either way I believe you used CHMM2 for themes right? I don't think you can transfer that so you'll just have to reset it. And we can help with NTR! The reason is because you need another compatible version with a9lh!
I wasn't able to find a compatible version online of NTR with a9lh. I was able to find this link however:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ntr-cfw-on-luma-3ds-a9lh-problem.424088/
The solutions there seem to include modifying settings in Luma3DS. I don't want to play with those settings however unless its verified here that it's safe to do so. Is there anything here I have to change to get the NTR to work properly? Either that or link me to the compatible version. Also for themes...What is CHMM2? I just installed a .cia with 200 themes on it and was forced to delete a bunch of them as the 3DS only allows for 127 at a time. It was a hassle...if there's an easier way, I'd love to try it.

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes...I've been to those sites many times, but no where there does it state A9LH compatible. I already have NTR 3.3, and as far as I could see, the 3.4 pre-releases do not state that they work with A9LH, which is why I didn't upgrade to it - especially since it's a pre-release and not a stable release. I assumed that there was a modified version of the NTR that makes it A9LH compatible. That's what I was looking for.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yes...I've been to those sites many times, but no where there does it state A9LH compatible. I already have NTR 3.3, and as far as I could see, the 3.4 pre-releases do not state that they work with A9LH, which is why I didn't upgrade to it - especially since it's a pre-release and not a stable release. I assumed that there was a modified version of the NTR that makes it A9LH compatible. That's what I was looking for.
The latest BootNTR version has 11.0 FIRM support, but it's not available as a pre-compiled version on the official page.
This seems to be the version that most people use: https://gbatemp.net/threads/bootntr-11-0-native_firm-support-with-3d-banner.431471/
You can use any version ntr.bin you want (3.2-3.4) with that version of BootNTR.
If you care at all about the video streaming feature in 3.4 then I suggest using the BootNTR selector @Joom linked, as this feature is only available in 3.4, but 3.4 is a bit buggy and doesn't allow you to switch games, you have to reboot between each game you play, so it's better to use an older version when you're not using the video streaming feature.

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's done!!! Thanks to everyone here, I have finally completed the entire thing, including restoring my Themes, completely eliminating EmuNAND from the SD Card, installing and updating both Luma3DS and A9LH and completely removing ReiNAND and the need for EmuNAND. The link to the new NTR that's compatible with A9LH also worked!! A sincere thanks to @Joom @HyperT @TheVinAnator and @The Real Jdbye!!! You are all amazing people who took time out of your day to help me in all this, I thank you so much! I will test Bravely Default tomorrow morning, but I still feel I accomplished a lot with all this updating.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
It's done!!! Thanks to everyone here, I have finally completed the entire thing, including restoring my Themes, completely eliminating EmuNAND from the SD Card, installing and updating both Luma3DS and A9LH and completely removing ReiNAND and the need for EmuNAND. The link to the new NTR that's compatible with A9LH also worked!! A sincere thanks to @Joom @HyperT @TheVinAnator and @The Real Jdbye!!! You are all amazing people who took time out of your day to help me in all this, I thank you so much! I will test Bravely Default tomorrow morning, but I still feel I accomplished a lot with all this updating.
You're very welcome. It was no trouble at all. I like helping people move to A9LH and bringing them into the future. :)

D

Deleted-379826

Joom couldn't of said it better. No problem man! My pleasure :P

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You're welcome, and please like my posts since i helped you out :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: