New 3DS (non XL) CLK... The Quest!!

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Ninoh-FOX, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Ninoh-FOX
    OP

Ninoh-FOX Otaku Gamer!!

Jan 22, 2015
    Military base.
    Hello, I write this forum to see if among all who have the normal version N3DS are able to raise enough to make a functional hardmod information. And gather sufficient evidence and testings such as photos, videos, tips, etc ...

This it is the pinouts that working for me:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I put in the outline the position of the cables so they do not make pressure on the screen, avoid putting anything especially in the area of CMD and CLK, since in that area goes the hollow pencil.

Alternative CLK point (thanks @hundshamer)
    [​IMG]

I'll put pictures of my mod, in them you will see that everything works perfectly.

[​IMG]

this is the modification, I inserted a pin micro usb female in the hollow belt, plug into the console remains anchored between the cable jack screw hole wifi and housing, have had to reduce a bit the corner inside the housing of the battery because strangled microusb cables plug.

[​IMG]

micro usb cable is perfectly staying behind the console.

[​IMG]

and the console starts without problems blue screen, so I recognize it either computer I what I do is I first connect the card reader with nothing, then I put the sd amended and turn on the console.

[​IMG]

This is the error code that we should leave, not another, take this into account. (because of not attending to this I had many problems with my first copy / restore nand, leaving me the semibrick console, but finally I could repair)

[​IMG]

an image of the set

[​IMG]

speed read / write is + -5 mg / s, that's because only uses dat0, I have not dared to try the other 3 because I think that this is more than enough.

[​IMG]

correct writing, to remove the floor console safely remove. That's all.

2. tarovisions

tarovisions GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2015
    United States
    (My point stands yet!)

3. Daku93

Daku93 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 24, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Düsseldorf, Germany

That is not the CLK Point. Someone in the other thread tested it, and it did not work.

See #170 of that thread.

4. Ninoh-FOX
    OP

Ninoh-FOX Otaku Gamer!!

Jan 22, 2015
    Military base.
    that's the reason for this, since that clk point does not work.

5. Avalynn

Avalynn I'm here to help poeple out as I can.

Feb 23, 2014
    United States
    San Jose, CA
    If you go through that other thread, there is some info about the N3DS (non XL) that someone tested but we aren't sure as it could of been the card reader. If you have have an Oscope or a multimeter that can read frequency, try that.

6. Ninoh-FOX
    OP

Ninoh-FOX Otaku Gamer!!

Jan 22, 2015
    Military base.
    How can i find clk pinout with multimeter? Please!! Teach me!!

7. Ninoh-FOX
    OP

Ninoh-FOX Otaku Gamer!!

Jan 22, 2015
    Military base.
    This is my multimetre

[​IMG]

Works this for find clk?

8. Avalynn

Feb 23, 2014
    United States
    San Jose, CA
    Most decent multimeter's have a hertz setting on them, but you will have to check the peak to peak range and frequency range of that particular setting, it's not always reliable either for small voltages. Eh but you might need to either get or make a RF probe for the multimeter as using standard probes would probably but too much loading capacitance on the oscillator if we are reading directly from it, or after a buffer.

If yours has a frequency counter then you might be able to use that to determine which point is CLK but you might want to research your particular multimeter. I have a slew of them from portable to benchtop and each have different specs, not always good for a particular job.

Ninoh-FOX likes this.
  9. Ninoh-FOX
    OP

Ninoh-FOX Otaku Gamer!!

Jan 22, 2015
    Military base.
    :_(

Then... I only can do is wait

10. tarovisions

tarovisions GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2015
    United States

Ah yes, now I see; looks like that was just a guess like mine then :lol:

11. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    This thread should probably be moved under the Console section along with all the other NAND CLK access point threads.

12. Avalynn

Feb 23, 2014
    United States
    San Jose, CA
    But this is under the console and hardware section... 3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware :unsure:

13. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States

Oops, had too many tabs open!! T_T

14. Ninoh-FOX
    OP

Ninoh-FOX Otaku Gamer!!

Jan 22, 2015
    Military base.
    This thread is dedicated to the search for N3DS pinout (non XL) and it seems that N3DS XL work, apart from that it seems that N3DS (non XL) are sold in less countries. That's why I decided to create a thread exclusively for the console and see if we can definitely have functional hardmod in our small N3DS like the XL.

15. Ninoh-FOX
    OP

Ninoh-FOX Otaku Gamer!!

Jan 22, 2015
    Military base.
    I did make hardmod in my n3ds not xl, for now i make tests, i will update information when it work fine.

tarovisions likes this.
  16. Ninoh-FOX
    OP

Ninoh-FOX Otaku Gamer!!

Jan 22, 2015
    Military base.
    eureka!! the pinouts works, the nand pinouts from 3dsbrew are correct!!! I did make nand backup from my N3DS with microusb hardmod!!!

Avalynn and gamesquest1 like this.
  17. Ninoh-FOX
    OP

Ninoh-FOX Otaku Gamer!!

Jan 22, 2015
    Military base.
    the nand of my N3DS is lock!!! error of diskimagen win32. (error 5, disk lock)

in linux: disk id 0x0000000

the n3ds works, but when i go to setting and return to home menu the n3ds flash blue screen 00000400, i do shutdown the console and i do reboot a minute later and work again.

I ordered a SPI B to see if I can unlock it, not if the problem will be that the copy of the nand this corrupt, should have done more copies ....

18. metaljay

metaljay GBAtemp Regular

Jan 10, 2012
    do you have any pictures Ninoh?

19. Ninoh-FOX
    OP

Ninoh-FOX Otaku Gamer!!

Jan 22, 2015
    Military base.
    Hmmmm photos of that?

20. Ninoh-FOX
    OP

Ninoh-FOX Otaku Gamer!!

Jan 22, 2015
    Military base.
    I see that the chip nand from my n3ds not xl is ?????. It is say in Gbatemp wiki. The size of my nand.bin is 1.979.711.488 bytes.