Hardware New 3ds motherboard change , turns off popping sound.

MionissNio

OP
Trophies
XP
Just got a sweet deal of a broken N3dsxl it was like 56 bucks so I bought it to fix my bricked N3ds Xl. I gave to to a electronics repair guy, he made it look like the original assembly but the 3ds makes popping sound while turning on whilst the broken 3ds did turn on, tho it had cracked screen and no battery etc.(I used mine to check it).

Anyone can help me?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Just got a sweet deal of a broken N3dsxl it was like 56 bucks so I bought it to fix my bricked N3ds Xl. I gave to to a electronics repair guy, he made it look like the original assembly but the 3ds makes popping sound while turning on whilst the broken 3ds did turn on, tho it had cracked screen and no battery etc.(I used mine to check it).

Anyone can help me?
One of the ribbon cables are not connected properly or is torn/damaged. It can be hard to tell if one of the ribbon cables is damaged, it doesn't take much to damage them enough to not work.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Where is the popping sound coming from? If it's in the vicinity of the board itself then @The Real Jdbye could be right, or the board itself could be damaged. However, if it's the sound of a speaker popping and you have A9LH installed, then it could be the console simply powering off if there is no A9LH payload on the SD card.

MionissNio

OP
Trophies
XP
Where is the popping sound coming from? If it's in the vicinity of the board itself then @The Real Jdbye could be right, or the board itself could be damaged. However, if it's the sound of a speaker popping and you have A9LH installed, then it could be the console simply powering off if there is no A9LH payload on the SD card.
No it is a fresh 3ds and I am certain the sound is coming from the speakers.

MionissNio

OP
Trophies
XP
No it is a fresh 3ds and I am certain the sound is coming from the speakers.
Sigh I'd have to refund the board looks like, the top screen doesn't flash during pop sound perhaps the lcd ribbon is broken I haven't checked tho as I cannot open the mob screws :(

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
No boards ever make any sounds. A popping from a speaker usually means that a screen or backlight cable isn't fully in. Actually, I've never heard of any sound being emitted due to no payload presence.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
No boards ever make any sounds.
I've heard PCB components emit sound when incorrectly powered.

Actually, I've never heard of any sound being emitted due to no payload presence.
ISTR my n3DS speakers pop very slightly when it powers off if there's no payload on the SD card. I could be wrong though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise