Hardware New 3DS L button replacement

Doczu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So i just dropped my N3DS on it's left shoulder button. The button was barely scratched, so i thought that nothing wrong happened. But when i later tried to play i noticed that the L button doesn't register each press as smoothly as the R one. I need to press it down all the way for it to work.

So i'm searching for a replacement kit (flex cable with switch) and all i can find on aliexpress are kits either for the old 3ds (normal and XL) or if it's for the New one, they don't specify if it's for the regular or XL one.

So i have a regular n3ds and would this replacement be ok: https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32624550055.html ?

Also, besides the kit i'm sure i will need to get the Y screwdriver. Anything else?

How difficult will such reapir be? I'm not a tech person, but i'm patient, cautious and willing to learn it. Sending it to Nintendo is out of question, as i have custom firmware and the warranty is over anyway (plus the damage is my own fault).

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I removed the back of my N3DS with out it?

But shouldn't be too hard, I'm sure there is a teardown video, and you'll just swap this part for the old part.. Just take it slow and follow the teardown instructions..

Last edited by OfficialFBomb,

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't lol I only removed the back I didn't disconnect anything, just cleaned around the edges (since I got it used) looks like you need the Y screw driver, and have to remove the SD card reader..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol looks about as fun as a root canal