Hacking New 3DS importer paranoia, should I buy a second one?

idx13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I bought a white New 3DS from Australia. It's going to get played a bunch of hours over the next few years until the next handheld comes out from Nintendo. First I was worried about parts wearing out. I figured I could replace those. But now I have to worry about firmware revisions. Do you think I should order a 2nd one, possibly in black, just to have a backup?

If I get the black one from japan, does anyone know what the highest firmware version it will have? Will it eventually have a region change option?

I figure I could always sell it later since someone would want a low firmware version right?

Also does anyone know where I should import? Or if I should import the EU version when it comes out?

D

Deleted-355425

If you can afford it, sure why not... You can see if the NA ones come with a low firmware first and take it from there.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand how you think a second unit helps you with firmware revisions. Especially a Japanese unit for an AU unit,

Are you concerned about accidently updating the firmware?

idx13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand how you think a second unit helps you with firmware revisions. Especially a Japanese unit for an AU unit,

Are you concerned about accidently updating the firmware?

No. Sorry I forgot to address this - I'm worried that if there is something catastrophically wrong with mine in the future I won't be able to replace it.

I figure I could always sell it later since someone would want a low firmware version right?

Also does anyone know where I should import? Or if I should import the EU version when it comes out?

Can you transfer saves from Gateway 3DS situation?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Sorry I forgot to address this - I'm worried that if there is something catastrophically wrong with mine in the future I won't be able to replace it.

Can you transfer saves from Gateway 3DS situation?

I understand now. Well, if you are a hardcore gamer and have a big library of saves you want to hold onto I guess a second one makes sense.

You are US based, correct? Selling internationally is going to be a pain. Not something I would want to venture into for such small margins. Why don't you get US consoles?

I wouldn't plan on making a profit. It might happen but there are a lot of scalpers hoarding 4.5 units that are hurting right now.

idx13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no New 3DS in US or if it does come out here it'll most certainly be 9.5 firmware.

I'm not PLANNING on selling it but if I needed to I could get my money back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?