1. Whatnoww

OP Whatnoww GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I honestly have no idea why this issue is happening. It happens everywhere, even in DSi mode. I press ZL and ZR at the same time and my new 3DS goes into sleep mode. I press them again, they exit sleep mode. I followed the 3DS.hacks.guide guide.

Does anybody have any idea about why this happens? Any settings I accidentally changed?
    Please!

2. Dartz150

Dartz150 Yet another Onii-chan

Mexico
    Update to the newest version of Luma released today and see if the problem is still there.

3. Whatnoww

Canada
    It might be a hardware issue as it turns out. One of the shoulder buttons seems to be causing a short somewhere.

4. emcintosh

emcintosh On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat

United Kingdom
    I would have suggested a hardware problem too - DS mode shouldn’t be affected at all by ZL/ZR.

Dartz150 likes this.
  5. Dartz150

Dartz150 Yet another Onii-chan

Mexico
    Ah, I didn't noticed that it also happens on TWL mode, definitely a hardware issue then.

6. Whatnoww

Canada
    Alternatively I have another issue where going home from DSi mode and from System Settings boots up Luma3DS configuration menu. That doesn't seem to be a hardware issue at least. But I'll have to see what happens after replacing the trigger button.

7. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Psycho!

Canada
    It is technically. It means the system is registering the button presses needed to enter that page is being pressed when you are not trying to.

8. Whatnoww

Canada
    The select button isn't having any issues. And the trigger buttons work if you press them lightly, so I'm guessing there's a short on the flex cable when you press to hard, which sends a sleep signal. It's definitely a possibility, and I'm going to see if replacing the ribbon cables work. I'm just hoping it's not a motherboard fault.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - sleepmode, pressing, Luma3DS