Hacking New 3DS FlashCart - Sky3DS firmware 9.0

full-hopeness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
For me personally, the simple fact that GW has hinted at a "proper" cheat code function is enough to keep me from jumping ship. Not to mention, until we have some solid proof that this a sure thing, GW is still king of the hill for 3DS flashcarts. I'm happy as a fly on crap that I chose a GW for my 3DS solution. It was well worth what I spent and any other features that they choose to add are icing on the cake. I still want one of these for the kid.

same idea with you:) buy GW dwtechz.com for son recently

jmleolgq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Rumor comes from my friends:

0. The card is designed & produced in China;
1. The card will be release in next 1-2 week;
2. The card's price will be 400-500CNY in China (65-80USD)

Reactions: cearp

Colinson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
why is region locking or NON-region free a freaking feature?
hell, while we are at it, you can let your cat play with the sky3ds cartridge, is that a feature, too?
also, no homebrew! nice, another feature! :D
no seriously, I don't want to talk badly about the card, it is just, that this is no feature, this is actually a bad thing... many people decide do buy flashcards exactly for region free, advertising NOT to have region free as a feature is just wrong XD
but, whatever, at least they are mentioning, that they don't have region free, so nobody buys it for the wrong reason and ends up being disappointed by the product

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
at least they are mentioning, that they don't have region free, so nobody buys it for the wrong reason and ends up being disappointed by the product

you have too much faith in humanity......people don't read, they buy it now ask questions later, and cry for the rest of the year that they where scammed as "A" doesn't have feature "B"

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just the beginning, this is the first card works on any 3DS version. I think it will support region free in the future.

if it works as we understand right now, then it is basically copying or let's say pretending to be a real cartridge, meaning it copies its whole behaviour, including its region
the cartridge doesn't lock the region, it only contains the region info, it is the 3DS system, that locks the region, not allowing to play any game with the wrong region info
so in order to allow region free, you would need a software solution from withing your 3DS, like it is provided by Gateway & Co. via a software exploit
this card uses hardware to disguise itself as a real cartridge, so it can't unlock regions
that is ofc all based on how we understand how this thing works... it may turn out to be different in the end, but I would certainly not expect to see region free on it, so I would not advise to buy it, if you are getting it just for the region free

you have too much faith in humanity......people don't read, they buy it now ask questions later, and cry for the rest of the year that they where scammed as "A" doesn't have feature "B"
true that, true that :/

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
actuallly thinking about it iirc, smea said he *might* be able to get region free working with ssspwn......this region blocked card + ssspwn does in fact seem interesting assuming smea can indeed get region free working for ssspwn

same you would have to blindly choose your games though

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
Same responses over and over in this thread "$120 is too much", "gateway is better".
1. the $120 price isn't real, it's a place holder, only 1 site has it listed for $120 while others have lower prices.
2. yes obviously Gateway has more features, the main appeal for the SKY3DS is that it works with the 2DS, New 3DS, and New 3DS XL.

the New 3DS is less than a month away from release.

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With a 10 game limit I hope theres an easy way to backup game saves and re-add them to the card if you ever want to play that game again.

why is region locking or NON-region free a freaking feature?
hell, while we are at it, you can let your cat play with the sky3ds cartridge, is that a feature, too?
also, no homebrew! nice, another feature! :D
no seriously, I don't want to talk badly about the card, it is just, that this is no feature, this is actually a bad thing... many people decide do buy flashcards exactly for region free, advertising NOT to have region free as a feature is just wrong XD
but, whatever, at least they are mentioning, that they don't have region free, so nobody buys it for the wrong reason and ends up being disappointed by the product

it shouldn't be in the features list but it should be noted that its not region free.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Same responses over and over in this thread "$120 is too much", "gateway is better".
1. the $120 price isn't real, it's a place holder, only 1 site has it listed for $120 while others have lower prices.
2. yes obviously Gateway has more features, the main appeal for the SKY3DS is that it works with the 2DS, New 3DS, and New 3DS XL.

*for austrailia

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
in reply to some guy who said anyone who can afford $120 for a flashcart might as well just buy the retail games they want...
of course spending $120 on a cart is better than buying 20 games, say they are $20 each, = $400.

regardless of whether $120 is the price or not, if you are going to play more than 5 or 6 backups, it is worth it.
cheapskates... :)

Reactions: cvskid

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
With a 10 game limit I hope theres an easy way to backup game saves and re-add them to the card if you ever want to play that game again.

it shouldn't be in the features list but it should be noted that its not region free.

just a guess, but saves would probably be stored on the internal SD card of the 3DS, so it wouldn't matter, if you format the micro SD inside the flashcard

edit: except ofc for card2 games, they store the save inside the rom

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i am just wondering about
Play up to ten 3DS games maximum for each flashcard (any game but 10 in total only).
its seems to imply that the maximum games "each" flashcard can play is 10 not "per SD".....of course it could just be a very poor translation job, but until these details are actually properly explained i would suggest people don't rush on board, like when people bought the ace3dspro with its single 3DS game

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i am just wondering about

its seems to imply that the maximum games "each" flashcard can play is 10 not "per SD".....of course it could just be a very poor translation job, but until these details are actually properly explained i would suggest people don't rush on board, like when people bought the ace3dspro with its single 3DS game

if it works basically the same as a retail cart then the 10 game limit might be due to how many saves it can hold in the built in save chip.

if this card does imitate a real game card then Nintendo wont be able to block it. that along with being able to update and leave wifi on without any issues are huge pluses and make this card better than the gateway, at least to me. if region free is a must for you then gateway is still the way to go.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
if it works basically the same as a retail cart then the 10 game limit might be due to how many saves it can hold in the built in save chip.

yeah i was thinking it could be something like that, but still i think people need to know exactly how its working before they buy it....like if they have the ability to wipe the saves after you finish with a game and play a different game or if its simply 10 games and its done thats the only 10 games the card will be able to play

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More Info posted on the Sky3DS Homepage: (I should be studying at 4am but Im doing this shit:cry::hateit:)

FAQ

Q: I have a new 3ds with the firmware 9.1.0-20J version. your new flashcard can work on this version or not?
A: Yes, Sky3DS card can support the newest 3DS V9.1.0-20J version.

Q: Does the sky3ds support all of the 3DS games? can this flashcart work on NEW 3ds?
A: Yes, It can play all of 3DS games, and support the New 3DS console.

Q: Can this flashcart play 3ds game online ? ex : pokemon and doing a wonder trade or battle with people online.
A: Yes, Sky3DS card can play 3DS game online as a genuine gamepad did, can also save,load,edit etc....

Q: Does it require special thing to do first before using SKY3DS?
A: Don't need to do any special thing, just drag and drop the downloaded ROMs in MicroSD card by the Disktool we provided, and enjoy it.

Q: Does the sky3ds have emunand? Also will there be a region unlock? So I can play games on my EU 3DS from Japan or US?
A: No, don't need any emunand at all, it can support any 3DS system version even the newest V9.1.0-20J version. Because it's region locking like a real gamepad, you can't play US or JP's games on your EU 3DS console.

Q: What's that mean - "ten 3DS games maximum for each flashcard"?
A: You can choose to copy any 10 games into your microSD card at the first time, you do need more SKY3DS cards if you want to play more 3DS games anyway.

Q: Does saving work on games like Animal Crossing, Pokemon X and Y,also does this allow cheats and homebrew?
Yes,you can save, reload, edit on any 3DS games as a genuine gamepad did. Sorry, no cheats, no homebrew at the moment.

Q: I want to know when this card will be in sale and where to buy it?
A: We will release our SKY3DS card within 1~2 weeks, you can buy it from one of our resellers online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay