Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IGVir.png

It's official: Nintendo hates me. If they didn't, they would have released this awesome color when the freaking system launched. Well, at least late adopters and gamers with money to burn can still enjoy the latest model 3DS slated for release May 20. The new "Midnight Purple" 3DS joins existing colors "Cosmo Black, Aqua Blue, Flame Red and Pearl Pink" the same day Mario Tennis Open (3DS) is scheduled to release. The new colored system will be priced the same as previous iterations: $169.99 (USD).

:arrow: Source: Nintendo
:discuss: Ongoing discussion

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For GOD SAKE, It's rare that Nintendo releases flamboyant colors such as this (Don't count the GCN 'cause purple was it's launch color). DAMMIT WHY THEY DIDN'T RELEASE THIS COLOR SOONER????!!!!!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
OMG, blast from the past!

This will look great next to my Gamecube, my shopping list has just changed, goodbye White, hail Purple. Haters gonna hate, but this colour is awesome.

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah, I agree that name is a bit......weird.
But I actually like the color.

I'd like to see 3DS with matte finish!
Matte finish FTW, the current glossy colours are a dust and fingerprint magnet - I'm convinced that they charge their consoles with some special rays that attract filth. Had the same problem with the DS Lite, it just gets dirty quickly even when you take good care of it.

Reactions: 1 person

HiroshiYamauchi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For GOD SAKE, It's rare that Nintendo releases flamboyant colors such as this (Don't count the GCN 'cause purple was it's launch color). DAMMIT WHY THEY DIDN'T RELEASE THIS COLOR SOONER????!!!!!

Because new colors boost hardware sales, that's why they hold the "cool" colors to release them on key times.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks pretty nice. Not dark enough to call it "midnight" purple though imho.
Personally, I'd like it a lil darker.
Nintendo loves getting ppl to buy multiple versions of consoles.
At this point I think ill wait another 6 months just in case a 3ds lite, xl, whatever comes out.
If not, ill probably grab this up.

snake eater

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i bought a pink 3ds because its new and last longer then black blue are red im a guy dosent make me gay i like to keep system longer life purple has problem with top button its slitly off i heard nice color i want color retro mario are luigi with a big m are l on it pay me million dollors for these two retro systems and one button on it has retro mario are luigi on it to make it look pimp

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Because new colors boost hardware sales, that's why they hold the "cool" colors to release them on key times.
Dude I kinda knew that already. You didn't need to reply that post. Just added the question to reflect my exaggerated anger.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse