Hardware New 3DS - Can I swap screen bezels or do I need a new one?

actualkoifish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a used New 3DS (lol thanks Nintendo Kyoto for that name) and the system needs a replacement top screen bezel. Not the screen mind you, just the bezel, the front part that takes all of the scratches. I have seen videos indicating that it is easy to remove it and to replace it, but I am concerned about getting one. I happen to have a spare "for parts" unit that I was thinking of using the bezel from, as it is in nice shape. However, I don't know if you can reuse the bezels, or if the adhesive is not usable a second time after you remove it. Looking for anybody whose experience can tell me the answer, either yes or no. Thanks all for reading.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not familiar with the N3DS one specifically but as a rule of thumb they are single use by any official quality standard (just like any rubber feet) - in practice it will probably still hold a few more times but not equally as well

lygok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
It will be easier to heat with an electric hair dryer. The temperature should not be too high。
You need a knife。

actualkoifish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm back, 18 months later, with followup questions. I've tried heating with a hair dryer, but I couldn't get any movement. Is there something I can use besides a razor on this? I don't want to ruin the screen by accident as you can imagine. Maybe I just need to get it a bit hotter?

ack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm back, 18 months later, with followup questions. I've tried heating with a hair dryer, but I couldn't get any movement. Is there something I can use besides a razor on this? I don't want to ruin the screen by accident as you can imagine. Maybe I just need to get it a bit hotter?
i bet you could pop it off if you attatched a suction cup to it and pulled it off

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.