Unideal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hi

I bought a new Nintendo 3DS of eBay the seller listed it was working but would freeze and he would have to force shut it down. But latter it would only boot to blue light.

I thought I could fix it by ntrboot but it doesn't work.

The console just stays on blue light with double black screens. I have checked for custom firmware by holding select or start at power up but doesn't work. I don't think this console has been modded.

Any help would be appreciated. I looked at all the previous threads and on Reddit. I tried doing what was suggested but still nothing.

Unideal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
It's the power light. The one on the leftmost side.

I thought ntrboot will work if not anything else.

I tried the battery trick.
I tried with a new SD card as it came without SD card.
I tried entering recovery mode.
I also tried with a different battery.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I thought ntrboot will work if not anything else.
ntrboot only works if you have a functional, properly-formatted SD card with the right files on it – and that's assuming you have ntrboot set up correctly on your flashcart to begin with. How did you even set up ntrboot?

I tried entering recovery mode.
And what happened..?

Unideal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
ntrboot only works if you have a functional, properly-formatted SD card with the right files on it – and that's assuming you have ntrboot set up correctly on your flashcart to begin with. How did you even set up ntrboot?

And what happened..?
I followed 3ds guide to see if I can do the nand transfer provided in the guide with magnet links. I had all the files on SD card and compatible flashcard in ntrboot mode.

I tested the flashcard to be in working order.

I used a magnet which I know works because I hacked my other 3ds with it sometime years ago.

The same thing happens it just turns on to a blue light.

Same with recovery mode. Just goes straight to blue light and black screen. Also I can't tell if the backlight are on or not.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you sure the SD card is formatted correctly? Did you test it with h2testw?

Do you hear any kind of popping sound from the speakers?

Unideal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Are you sure the SD card is formatted correctly? Did you test it with h2testw?

Do you hear any kind of popping sound from the speakers?
Thanks for getting back to me.

No the console doesn't make a popping sound and I believe it would just turn itself off, as this is what usually happens after the popping sound from the speaker and the screens flashing before powering off.

But in my case it just remains on blue light. Doesn't do anything else.

The SD card I used came from my earlier mentioned 3ds it's the one which comes with the 3ds a 4gb Toshiba card so I assumed it's okay didn't test with h2testw but did format using windows.

Unideal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
This is getting repetitive. Are you sure the SD card is formatted correctly?

Windows can format a card as FAT32 or NTFS (or even exFAT). FAT32 is the only option that will work.

I am sure that I did format as fat32 but I can be mistaken I will try again later and update the thread. I thought 4gb cards in window default to fat32 anyway.

And NTFS and exfat only happens with larger storage cards. But I'll make sure to see the selection windows automatically generated.

Unideal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
This is getting repetitive. Are you sure the SD card is formatted correctly?

Windows can format a card as FAT32 or NTFS (or even exFAT). FAT32 is the only option that will work.
Okay got the system back from a repair guy and he said motherboard is faulty. He put the motherboard in a working one and got the same problem. I need another n3ds motherboard but can't find any. Does anyone know where to get a replacement motherboard for n3ds, thanks.

Unideal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Have your tried using a different SD card? Maybe the one your using is corrupted or you got a bad batch?
Hi tested the SD card with h2testw and test came back successful. Also I noticed that when I turn it on I get the blue light. But when I close the lid or use a magnet at the abxy location the blue light remains on rather than triggering sleep mode which is indicated by pulsing blue light.

I do have a spare n3ds card reader, should I try installing that?
Post automatically merged:

That doesn't narrow it down much. Could still be the SD card reader, for instance.
Hi

I have 2 other n3ds SD card modules. I can try those. What can cause the sleep mode to not trigger, I don't get the pulsing blue light with lid closed.

Last edited by Unideal,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM