YoHonJoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

I recently picked up a cheap new 3ds that was having touchscreen issues. The 3ds could boot fine, but the input did not work. I ordered a digitizer from Amazon and it was a pretty simple process to replace. However, after reassembling, it boots to a black screen. Any ideas? I've checked all flex cable connections multiple times and have seen no problems. I'm not sure what the common causes of a black screen boot are.

I realized the previous owner modded the 3ds and I can boot into Luma by holding select at boot so I know the screens are working. Not sure why I'm getting this black screen boot. I read the Reddit wiki and it said it could be a time issue and to leave the 3ds on with sd in for 15-20 minutes, but it's still a black screen. Also, I tried updating gm9 and luma, deleting home and theme extdata, but still no luck

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

I recently picked up a cheap new 3ds that was having touchscreen issues. The 3ds could boot fine, but the input did not work. I ordered a digitizer from Amazon and it was a pretty simple process to replace. However, after reassembling, it boots to a black screen. Any ideas? I've checked all flex cable connections multiple times and have seen no problems. I'm not sure what the common causes of a black screen boot are.

I realized the previous owner modded the 3ds and I can boot into Luma by holding select at boot so I know the screens are working. Not sure why I'm getting this black screen boot. I read the Reddit wiki and it said it could be a time issue and to leave the 3ds on with sd in for 15-20 minutes, but it's still a black screen. Also, I tried updating gm9 and luma, deleting home and theme extdata, but still no luck
Best to redo the entire guide https://3ds.hacks.guide/

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Please try if Recovery Mode is working.

DS consoles are finicky with the ribbon cables.

Best to redo the entire guide https://3ds.hacks.guide/
???
This makes no sense here. Even worse: It might encourage people to try the "Let's delete everything and start from scratch!"-method, which has caused a lot of trouble.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person