Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So Nintendo offers replacement battery covers (the back plate) directly here:

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...lse&productId=prod560313&categoryId=cat550080

It got me thinking, why cant we order a back plate cover that has SD card slot exposed?

As an example, I've photo-shopped a concept:
bguHBTE.png

Reactions: yuyuyup

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is clever, but I suspect it also opens up the possibility of accidentally losing your SD card. Say you're playing out in public and one of your fingers—or something in your environment—accidentally pushes down on the SD card. The card will pop up and fall out, and given how small those things are, it will probably be lost forever.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
spankachu your idea is cool, how about a removable cover using that hole? a mini cover you could remove with a coin

that way it prevends dirt from reachhing the interior and you don't remove the sd card accidentaly and lose it...

Reactions: Gettwobirdsstone

link6155

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering, what is the issue you have with the micro sd card being behind the cover? If you need to transfer files, you can do it wirelessly on the new 3DS:

I like how they've hidden the Micro SD card now. To me, it makes the system feel sleeker with no flappy parts that the previous models had. I felt like I might accidently tear off the SD card cover or that the hinge would wear down over time.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Just wondering, what is the issue you have with the micro sd card being behind the cover? If you need to transfer files, you can do it wirelessly on the new 3DS:

I like how they've hidden the Micro SD card now. To me, it makes the system feel sleeker with no flappy parts that the previous models had. I felt like I might accidently tear off the SD card cover or that the hinge would wear down over time.

The cover is not of the cheap kind, I think it'd be pretty hard to tear it off by accident. It attaches securely, so I don't know where you are getting "flappy" from.

link6155

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The cover is not of the cheap kind, I think it'd be pretty hard to tear it off by accident. It attaches securely, so I don't know where you are getting "flappy" from.
I never said it was cheap, this is what I'm referring to:
252666-sd-card-slot.jpg

The cover is held on by a piece of plastic that flexes rather than a proper hinge. Since it is plastic, opening it and closing it over and over may wear down this plastic until it breaks. In my opinion, this was one of the weaker points of the 3DS and 3DS XL's hardware design. Every other part is mostly sturdy and isn't exposed to the same issue. In my opinion, having the SD card hidden away gives the system a sleeker feel and a more substantial design overall.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The New 3DS XL only supports up to 32GB though.....

Besides, it's not really the card size that is my issue. It's more around save backups, or new cia's that I want to install.
If I'm not mistaken, you can format a 64gb SDXC into FAT32, which allows devices that only support SDHC (up to 32) to read them. I hear that it dramatically impacts read/write speed negatively, though.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm not mistaken, you can format a 64gb SDXC into FAT32, which allows devices that only support SDHC (up to 32) to read them. I hear that it dramatically impacts read/write speed negatively, though.

You can do this and I've never experiance this. Anyways I transfer saves and files over my home network now. It's not as fast but saves are really not that big anyways.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

PigletTubeYT

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is clever, but I suspect it also opens up the possibility of accidentally losing your SD card. Say you're playing out in public and one of your fingers—or something in your environment—accidentally pushes down on the SD card. The card will pop up and fall out, and given how small those things are, it will probably be lost forever.
But I use a glass case + A flap could be added to the backplate!
Post automatically merged:

But the read/write speed is SLOW!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol