Hacking New 3DS and setting it up with Gateway 3DS > SD Card vs Micro SD Card

Davodian1984

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I was hoping someone can help me answer a question. I tried looking around for the answer, Google and youtube but can't find an answer because perhaps the 3DS is still relatively new.

Question relating to Setup of Gateway:
When setting up the Gateway 3DS you need to load the launcher.dat onto an SD card. The older 3DS has an SD card slot but the N3DS does not. Only has a Micro SD card behind the back panel which you have to remove with a phillips head screw driver.

Would the step of loading Launcher.dat onto the SD card be replaced with loading it onto the Micro SD card in the N3DS?

I was curious because I wasn't sure if the Micro SD Card has any important data on it that the N3DS requires. Is it safe to format this Micro SD card and paste over the launcher.dat?

The video instructions on Youtube have all been very clear but they use the SD card for the older 3DS. No one has yet to create a video for the N3DS.

sorry for long post.
thanks in advance.

Dave

Veign06

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't do anything with your micro sd just yet....Gateway has to yet release 9.2 support for the New 3DS, so as of right now, you can't do anything with the Gateway on your New 3DS.
This, I assume the Micro SD card slot functions exactly like the SD card slot but right now N3DS doesnt have the correct firmware anyways until Gateway releases the big update.

Davodian1984

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply everyone.
Yep i haven't bought the gateway yet and am waiting for the big update. I've just been doing research and was curious is all.

Cheers
Dave

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of easy removable SD, new3DS provides windows compatible lan share to access the content on the fly via wlan.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi all,

I was hoping someone can help me answer a question. I tried looking around for the answer, Google and youtube but can't find an answer because perhaps the 3DS is still relatively new.

Question relating to Setup of Gateway:
When setting up the Gateway 3DS you need to load the launcher.dat onto an SD card. The older 3DS has an SD card slot but the N3DS does not. Only has a Micro SD card behind the back panel which you have to remove with a phillips head screw driver.

Would the step of loading Launcher.dat onto the SD card be replaced with loading it onto the Micro SD card in the N3DS?

I was curious because I wasn't sure if the Micro SD Card has any important data on it that the N3DS requires. Is it safe to format this Micro SD card and paste over the launcher.dat?

The video instructions on Youtube have all been very clear but they use the SD card for the older 3DS. No one has yet to create a video for the N3DS.

sorry for long post.
thanks in advance.

Dave
We don't even know if the 9.x update will use a launcher.dat anymore.
launcher.dat is in part tied to the way the old exploit worked and as they now use a new exploit, they might use a different filename or format.
But yes, the MicroSD in the N3DS should work the same as the regular SD in the old 3DS. It's the exact same thing in another form factor, after all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Like not emulating the entire SNES but just a loader and the enhancement chips perhaps even...