OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=193664

QUOTE said:
"Here's my message to you: you don't actually have to use it. You can never go there, just leave your game disc in and pretty much do everything that you could before but on the Guide level - one button press away in every single game.

Same goes for Avatars, you don't need to use them.

soliunasm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Big High-Five to the God guy up top :]
The new dashboard deserves to be burned at the stake along with the Mii ripoffs. However, the Guide one would be handy rather than the slow loading blade guide in-game.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I'd like to fiddle around with the new firmware before I defend or condone it. But the BIG plus is 16:10 resolution support. Seriously, I don't really care about the rest, this is the best feature.

rscarrab

Trophies
XP
Country
Prime said:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=193664

QUOTE said:
"Here's my message to you: you don't actually have to use it. You can never go there, just leave your game disc in and pretty much do everything that you could before but on the Guide level - one button press away in every single game.

Same goes for Avatars, you don't need to use them.

"Same goes for Avatars, you don't need to use them."

YES!! I am very pleased to hear that, i do not want to use an avatar, let alone dress him up with homo-erotic hats and pants... Im not 9 years old anymore nor do i feel that a generic cartoon character & clothing will provide enough variations on the xbox. Chances are if i made an avatar, id say more than 50 people will have that same character and clothing variation. I mean how many different variables can you come up with? Rare (who designed the avatars, i believe) would have to create a staggering amount of customisations for the avatars to keep it even remotely interesting. I still believe a gamer pic is more personal and iam quite content keeping it that way. So ye, thats brilliant news! Kudos to you for raising it to my attention!

EmeraldEx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Hmm.

I don't mind having a Avatar for the dash and multiplayer with friends and stuff, but I still want my gamerpic to be on my card and everything that other people see.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Prime said:
JKR Firefox said:
Am I the only one who digs the avys and new look?

No, i also like the avatars and dashboard.

Okay, maybe not so much with the avatars but i'll still use them. The dashboard i love.

Well I love the avatars. Can't wait to pimp out my X-Mii
grog.gif

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like many others I hate the avatars and the new dashboard (doesnt even deserve to be called a dashbaord) but I do like the new Guide and the fact that you can store your current game on the HD and im sure there will be many other great features. Sometimes you have to loose to gain.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, honestly what was Microsoft thinking? Kinda like when Nintendo changed the Revolution to Wii. It was gay but we all grew on it. Not its just standard. But still, what was wrong with the current Dashboard?

PanzerWF

Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
CheatingSoi said:
Yeah, honestly what was Microsoft thinking? Kinda like when Nintendo changed the Revolution to Wii. It was gay but we all grew on it. Not its just standard. But still, what was wrong with the current Dashboard?

They just want some of the people buying Wiis to consider buying an Xbox 360. Price drop, "borrowing" avatars, etc.

It's all about the moolah. Capitalist economy ftw. Their win, anyways.

SonicRax

Egg-Mayo: The Movie
Trophies
XP
Country
...I don't mind the Avatars and stuff that Microsoft has introduced on the X360. But just one Q...

Why for the love of god, does everyone kinda rip-off one or two of Nintendo's ideas? "-_-

First it was the analog controller (Sony's respone was to release the first "Dualshock" controller on PSX/PS1 ¬¬), then it was the tilt sensor used in the Wiimote (Sony AGAIN, decided to rip-off this idea and throw in a tilt sensor to their new controller and dub it "SIXAXIS"), and now the Miis (Should be kinda obvious who did what). I mean wtf? ._.

Ah well. I suppose all the shit that happens is inevitable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night