superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Rayder said:
I wonder.....someone like me, who doesn't bother with the online in any game....I wouldn't be affected, right? I mean, how would MS know anything if I never took the system online?
No. But once you're online even once they will know... Little betraying NAND chip!

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
And once again Microsoft employs their most powerful weapon.... Invasion of privacy. As if *pardon my sailor language here* fucking goddamned pieceoshit consumer-shafting smegging digital rights management wasn't bad enough on most of their PC media, now they have to spy on us on te 360 like this too!?

I guess the new dashboard could be considered a rootkit or more appropriately spyware for the 360.

I mean honestly who the godamned he'll do microsoft think they are!? To me I could give a rats flying you know what that they are one of the richest companies in the world. Doesn't entitle them to jack squat beyond the bragging rights to say they are one of the richest companies on earth. As far as I'm concerned, Microsoft doesn't trust any of it's userbase in any way shape or form

If you mods feel I went overboard with the sailor talk, feel free to edit it, perhaps in olde-timey dialogs instead

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
I really don't know what the problem is. If you made a product, say a piece of software and you want people to pay a tenner for it, how would you feel of you knew people were pirating it? You'd be pretty annoyed, surely?

If MS didn't ban people from LIVE for flashing their DVD drives then everyone would do it.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
Utsuho Reiuji said:
And once again Microsoft employs their most powerful weapon.... Invasion of privacy. As if *pardon my sailor language here* fucking goddamned pieceoshit consumer-shafting smegging digital rights management wasn't bad enough on most of their PC media, now they have to spy on us on te 360 like this too!?

I guess the new dashboard could be considered a rootkit or more appropriately spyware for the 360.

I mean honestly who the godamned he'll do microsoft think they are!? To me I could give a rats flying you know what that they are one of the richest companies in the world. Doesn't entitle them to jack squat beyond the bragging rights to say they are one of the richest companies on earth. As far as I'm concerned, Microsoft doesn't trust any of it's userbase in any way shape or form

If you mods feel I went overboard with the sailor talk, feel free to edit it, perhaps in olde-timey dialogs instead
It's not exactly invasion of privacy when you can't do anything private with it. The one common reason people modify their Xbox 360's in any way that violates Microsoft's Terms of use, since homebrew is a minority with no legal leverage, is to run pirated retail software for the 360. Microsoft licenses, approved of, and officially endorses all of the games that are released for their platform and have a legal obligation to these companies, like Activision and Bungie, to make sure nobody pirates their works. Just because they're a major corporate entity doesn't mean they have less rights than us.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
petspaps said:
But just because their a major corporation doesn't give them the right to throw their weight around on small time people.
?_?

How is this an example of throwing their weight around? They are trying to keep people from breaking what is considered a felony in many countries. Why would they allow people to pirate on their platform? Like it or not, even if piracy is arguably harmless, you aren't entitled to it.

petspaps

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It isn't a felony in my country to back up my own games due to them being irreparably damaged due Microsoft's own console. And if I were in court that is the argument that I would be representing. Microsoft is infringing on my personal rights and a free citizen and a consumer.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
petspaps said:
It isn't a felony in my country to back up my own games due to them being irreparably damaged due Microsoft's own console. And if I were in court that is the argument that I would be representing. Microsoft is infringing on my personal rights and a free citizen and a consumer.
You're infringing on Microsoft's rights. You lose all warranty and Microsoft strictly disallow you from opening your console and flashing it. Your argument is worthless and I bet you don't just have 1 or 2 games that are backups of your originals there.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Supposedly it is only the newer games that have it but title updates could happen. We also do not know if MS is going to go banwave on us this year.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.