Hardware New 2ds xl turns off exactly when i press ZL

MO35AB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
It used to run perfectly, a broken top screen, today i received the replacement, i fixed it, then kept trying everything, wifi cams mic and all buttons, i even played super street fighters , no issues at all, then it started turning off with a sound like a shock from the speakers, exactly when i press ZL and only ZL, i kept trying, no problems at all :/,
top screen is perfect, same with touch and all other functions, help !?

FOX021093

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My suggestion would be to first open it back up, and see if the connection to the ZL button is dirty and/or connected properly. You may just need to blow out some dirt or other things causing a short. Or it could be a faulty connection with the ribbon. Either way by opening back up you can get a better picture of what's going on, and see how to fix it.

Reactions: MO35AB

JoTiK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello
I have exactly the same problem on my 2ds xl, I changed the screen today and the zl button turn off the console with this sound coming from the speakers
I don't know if the problem was there before because I bought the console broken and i didnt test it

JoTiK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It come from a connector on the motherboard (circled in red on the picture)

The connector was bent a bit during disassembly so the cable didn't fit properly.
Because of the location of the connector(the button touches the ribbon cable), every time I pressed ZL the connector moved and caused a short circuit that caused the console to shut down.

I removed the ribbon cable and pressed on the connector which was a little bent outwards then I reinserted the ribbon cable.

Now I can press ZL without turning off the console and everything works.

Hope this will help other people

Attachments

• Carte-m-re-originale-pour-Nintendo-2DS-XL-Version-am-ricaine-pi-ce-de-rechange-pour.jpg_Q90.jpg
    Carte-m-re-originale-pour-Nintendo-2DS-XL-Version-am-ricaine-pi-ce-de-rechange-pour.jpg_Q90.jpg
    625.8 KB · Views: 201

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM