Hardware New 2ds xl failing to boot after 1 week of (pretty much) constant use

Resek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi, so I've got my New 2ds XL around 3 weeks ago and 2 weeks ago after school (exactly 1 week after getting it) i took it out of my pocket, and I wanted to turn it on, so I did and the blue light came on but after around 4 seconds I heard a pop (like if the power was cut out, something like that) and the blue light turned off. (Also while I was in class I accidentally hit it on the table where the pikachu face is but not that hard and I think it has to do with that) Please help me because I'm ready to buy an ifixit toolkit and try to open it.

Thanks!

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's probably one of the ribbon cables but I don't know which one
You should try opening it and seeing if any cable is disconnected or damaged
If it's disconnected it's an easy fix you can just reconnect it but if the cable is damaged you will probably have to replace the part that uses that cable

Resek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's probably one of the ribbon cables but I don't know which one
You should try opening it and seeing if any cable is disconnected or damaged
If it's disconnected it's an easy fix you can just reconnect it but if the cable is damaged you will probably have to replace the part that uses that cable
OK thank you, and just in case I have to replace something, where can I buy replacement parts?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OK thank you, and just in case I have to replace something, where can I buy replacement parts?
Most importantly, good reliable parts

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you live in Poland you can probably buy some parts on allegro or some other english ebay store
If the broken part is the top screen or something else in the top part it's very hard to replace and you should probably give your 2DS to some repair shop

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: probably watched one too YT vids bout old grannies