Hacking New 2ds XL Fading blue light / No screen image

Sinner09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I recently got my hands on (2) New 2DS XL consoles. But for some reason the blue lights come up very momentarily and right back off. I researched this a little and tried putting boot.firm files on the SD card (FAT32) ,and instead of fading it looks like one of the screens flashes for a second but instantly back off (No popping sounds) but the other one just fades like normal. Any help some people could possibly provide?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the latest version of Luma3DS didn't work, try v7.1. If that doesn't work, try v7.0.5 (arm9loaderhax.bin). If 7.1 works, you need to update B9S. If 7.0.5 works, you need to update from A9LH to B9S.

Sinner09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the latest version of Luma3DS didn't work, try v7.1. If that doesn't work, try v7.0.5 (arm9loaderhax.bin). If 7.1 works, you need to update B9S. If 7.0.5 works, you need to update from A9LH to B9S.
Hello, I tried all 3 versions and none worked. They resulted in the same outcome.

Sinner09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try a different SD card, and make sure it is formatted as FAT32. You may also want to error-check or reformat the SD cards you're already using.
I error checked this SD card not too long ago and everything said it was fine / working as it should. I can get my hands on another micro SD card later but I don't think that's the issue.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I error checked this SD card not too long ago and everything said it was fine / working as it should. I can get my hands on another micro SD card later but I don't think that's the issue.
Corrupt SD cards are very often the issue. If you've tried another SD card and the problem still exists, you could try using an ntrboot-compatible DS flashcart to make sure B9S is installed properly and, if needed, perform a CTRTransfer.

This will fix just about any software brick.

Edit: what happens when you boot holding Select using all three versions of Luma?

Last edited by Lacius,

Sinner09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Corrupt SD cards are very often the issue. If you've tried another SD card and the problem still exists, you could try using an ntrboot-compatible DS flashcart to make sure B9S is installed properly and, if needed, perform a CTRTransfer.
Okay so I'll pick another one up today, and for using an ntrboot-compatible DS flashcart this can be done while the 2dsXL is not working as well as for CTRTransfer? Apologies I'm not the most educated in this scene.

(Problem persist when holding select / start) But if I hold START + SELECT + X it hold's a solid blue light. Until I let go and it fades out again, not sure why.

Last edited by Sinner09,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I'll pick another one up today, and for using an ntrboot-compatible DS flashcart this can be done while the 2dsXL is not working as well as for CTRTransfer? Apologies I'm not the most educated in this scene.
If the issue is a software one, using an ntrboot-compatible DS flashcart to perform a CTRTransfer and (re)install B9S should work.

If the issue is a hardware one, you need to fix the hardware issue.

Edit: I would strongly suggest performing a full format of the SD card and trying a different SD card before going the ntrboot route. That's usually all it takes.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: Sinner09

Sinner09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the issue is a software one, using an ntrboot-compatible DS flashcart to perform a CTRTransfer and (re)install B9S should work.

Edit: I would strongly suggest performing a full format of the SD card and trying a different SD card before going the ntrboot route. That's usually all it takes.
Alright I'll let you know later today if a new SD card works, thank you

Sinner09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Update, I've tried with another SD card (64 GB SanDisk microSD card) still the same outcome

Sinner09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I have to go down the CTRTransfer, could you try and explain on how I can do that / link me a guide that explains it?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sinner09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Follow the first guide to use ntrboot, and then load GodMode9 to perform a CTRTransfer using the second guide. This will only work if it's a software brick, not a hardware brick.

https://3ds.hacks.guide/ntrboot.html

https://3ds.hacks.guide/ctrtransfer.html

Do you know what was done that caused the issues?
No idea, I got these from a friend who I believe tried installing CFW on them. They both have the same exact issue pretty much.

Also for the NTRBoot, does it matter which method I use? Because I used to use this R4 card on my DSI

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also for the NTRBoot, does it matter which method I use? Because I used to use this R4 card on my DSI
It doesn't matter which flashcart you use or how you install ntrboot to the flashcart as long as the flashcart is compatible and you have a way to install ntrboot to it. If you do not have a flashcart compatible with ntrboot, then it would be easier to buy a flashcart that already has ntrboot installed to it.

Sinner09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't matter which flashcart you use or how you install ntrboot to the flashcart as long as the flashcart is compatible and you have a way to install ntrboot to it. If you do not have a flashcart compatible with ntrboot, then it would be easier to buy a flashcart that already has ntrboot installed to it.
How exactly would I know if its NTR Boot compatible, its an R4 3DS Upgrade, SDHC Revolution for 3ds DSI XL/LL DSL DS GOLD Pro, Real Time Save 2019. (That's everything on the Card) I also see an image of it inside the guide

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How exactly would I know if its NTR Boot compatible, its an R4 3DS Upgrade, SDHC Revolution for 3ds DSI XL/LL DSL DS GOLD Pro, Real Time Save 2019. (That's everything on the Card) I also see an image of it inside the guide
If it's listed on the guide, it's probably compatible. If it isn't listed, it probably isn't compatible.

Reactions: Sinner09

Sinner09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's listed on the guide, it's probably compatible. If it isn't listed, it probably isn't compatible.
So I tried going with the guide but I don't think I can actually follow it because the (2) 2d XLs wont power and the magnet is not showing any signs of working. Could they both somehow be having a hardware issue? Or is this some sort of brick that can be solved?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried going with the guide but I don't think I can actually follow it because the (2) 2d XLs wont power and the magnet is not showing any signs of working. Could they both somehow be having a hardware issue? Or is this some sort of brick that can be solved?
You need a way to install ntrboot to the DS flashcart without using the broken 2DS systems. It's only after you have ntrboot installed to the flashcart that you will use the flashcart with the broken 2DS system. if you have ntrboot installed to the flashcart, you can proceed with the guide.

I have no idea what's wrong with the 2DS systems, since I don't know what caused the issue. If it's a software brick, it is repairable with the ntrboot method. If the issue happened as a result of someone trying to install CFW, it sounds like a software brick of some sort to me.

Sinner09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need a way to install ntrboot to the DS flashcart without using the broken 2DS systems. It's only after you have ntrboot installed to the flashcart that you will use the flashcart with the broken 2DS system. if you have ntrboot installed to the flashcart, you can proceed with the guide.

I have no idea what's wrong with the 2DS systems, since I don't know what caused the issue. If it's a software brick, it is repairable with the ntrboot method. If the issue happened as a result of someone trying to install CFW, it sounds like a software brick of some sort to me.
Ah man I feel like im making this way more confusing in my head than it should be, So I have a 3ds but it has CFW on it installed properly. Will I be able to do the ntroboot with that without messing with my CFW?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah man I feel like im making this way more confusing in my head than it should be, So I have a 3ds but it has CFW on it installed properly. Will I be able to do the ntroboot with that without messing with my CFW?
You can install ntrboot to the DS flashcart, assuming it's compatible, using your working hacked 3DS without altering anything on that 3DS, yes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...