1. guyman70718

OP guyman70718 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hello, I replaced the screen on my 2DS XL and I didn't know that the ZIF connectors for the bottom screen weren't supposed to lifted up. upload_2020-4-27_16-26-42.png Now because I bent it too much I guess, when I press ZL the system shuts off. Does anyone else know where I can buy a replacement? The amiibo connector seems to be the same.

2. guyman70718

United States
    Someone told me that a P6 touchscreen connector is a suitable replacement. It looks like the p6 has a latch but the cable looks the same. I also see that some different revisions of the 2ds xl have a latched connector not a ZIF. Is this a suitable replacement? https://www.ebay.com/itm/400448238168. I have a DS Lite with no top screen here, I can salvage the connector from that.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I just tried to see if the cable fits into a P6 and it does not. It must be a different connector.

3. TurdPooCharger

United States
  4. guyman70718

United States
    No one there posted what the part was called, they just taped it down. I already taped it down but I rather do a proper replacement because I would like to sell this console.

5. xonn

xonn GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    Recently, I have broken the top part of touchscreen ZIF connector of a new 2DS, and after have applied a "homemade" solution, the problem seems to have solved (2 days playing for now...). The trick is use a good tape and a little amount of sponge to make some pressure over the ribbon cable. Something like that (MSPaint style!):
    [​IMG]

TurdPooCharger likes this.
  6. yaum

yaum Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    Could be achieved as well without tape or soldering by sliding one or more layers of paper in the connector above the ribbon cable. This would secure the ribbon cable and the paper inside the connector and ensure the connection. Cheap & efficient, but don't put the paper between the pins & ribbon cable as it could damage a bit more the connector by bending the pins.

It's working as well with standard ZIF connector with a latch when it's starting to be loose.

7. xonn

xonn GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    Yes, but read again my post. In my case, the ZiF has been totally broken and there's no upper part :(

8. yaum

yaum Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    @xonn , ok, wasn't 100% clear to me. In any case, it would maybe solve OP's problem.

If you break the upper part, you could solder plastic for it to stay in place. Temperature range:200-250°C, this is something I played with after getting my 3D printer, it's amazing the number of things you can fix with this method :)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - connector, Broken,