Homebrew New 2DS XL 11.5

superferret1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my new system came in today, and I was wondering if someone could point me to where I find out how to install CFW on this device. I want to be able to install FBI on this device later. The device is a New 2DS XL and its on version 11.5.0-38U

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Last question, can I use my previously hacked old 3ds, and force its software on the new 3ds
No. Unsigned titles will not work on the unhacked console. I'm not fully aware if DSiWareHax is still a thing. I'd recommend you get an NTRBoot-compatible cartridge. It's by far the easiest method, and it is cheap.

Reactions: E1ite007

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last question, can I use my previously hacked old 3ds, and force its software on the new 3ds
You can use the dsiware transfer to allow cfw on your second system. But from what I have seen ninty will not transfer back the NNID to the old system if any of the dsiware titles are linked to your account.

Reactions: E1ite007

superferret1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use the dsiware transfer to allow cfw on your second system. But from what I have seen ninty will not transfer back the NNID to the old system if any of the dsiware titles are linked to your account.
now how do I manage to do what you are talking about. I don't mind if I can't transfer back

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

superferret1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
what would happen if i put my sd card from my old cfw ds into this new one
It would be unable to read the Nintendo 3DS folder meaning no games or saves from the old one would be useable (they won't show up on the home menu). Homebrew from the homebrew launcher will work (if you have a way of accessing homebrew on the new console).

superferret1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be unable to read the Nintendo 3DS folder meaning no games or saves from the old one would be useable (they won't show up on the home menu). Homebrew from the homebrew launcher will work (if you have a way of accessing homebrew on the new console).
so it wont brick it then right

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended