New 2D Sonic game, Sonic Mania announced for PS4/XB1/PC

Coming right from a panel at Comic Con, is SEGA's latest Sonic game. It'll be developed by Christian Whitehead, the man behind the mobile ports of Sonic 1, 2 and CD. Titled Sonic Mania, it's set to release on Playstation 4, Xbox One, and PC platforms in Spring 2017. According to the trailer, it appears to be a return to classic 2D form for the series. There's special stages, 3 playable characters (Sonic, Tails and Knuckles), and old school Genesis era graphics.

:arrow: You can find a little bit of footage: HERE

Developed in collaboration between SEGA, Christian Whitehead, Headcannon, and PagodaWest Games, experience new zones and remixed classic levels with Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles!

XiTaU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks good they will most likely have my money.
It is done by the guy who made the Sonic CD update so it should be quality.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice work @Chary :toot:

When i watched the trailer just now, I was excited to see this but then when the end came "SPRING 2017" I was disappointed. Apperently this is NOT THE SONIC 25 ANNIVERSARY GAME. I had hoped it was, but it seem like it isn't. Also no nintendo ports?? I am glad that the ps4 and Xbox one finally got a sonic game cause the only other sega game i know was yakuza 5 and i was wondering when will there be more sega games for PS4 and XBOX1?

To be honest, I am excited for this game. :grog:
but disappointed that is not the 25 anniversary game and that. i need to buy a ps4 or xbox one to play it on. :cry:

Again, Nice work reporter Chary. Thanks for the notice on my page. :toot:
(there is no accurate face here among these yellow circle looking pacman to describe what i feel properly)
:hateit:

D

Deleted User

I'll have to hope i can get my hands on a PS4 Soon, I also wanted some games for it anyway like Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator. But money troubles. If only it was that easy. :unsure:

Where scrooge mcduck when you need his greedy tail feathers. :nayps3:
So you don't have a PC or something? I'm sure this will run on a middle spec system. Nothing fancy.

Lightyose

True Light
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nice work @Chary :toot:

When i watched the trailer just now, I was excited to see this but then when the end came "SPRING 2017" I was disappointed. Apperently this is NOT THE SONIC 25 ANNIVERSARY GAME. I had hoped it was, but it seem like it isn't. Also no nintendo ports?? I am glad that the ps4 and Xbox one finally got a sonic game cause the only other sega game i know was yakuza 5 and i was wondering when will there be more sega games for PS4 and XBOX1?

To be honest, I am excited for this game. :grog:
but disappointed that is not the 25 anniversary game and that. i need to buy a ps4 or xbox one to play it on. :cry:

Again, Nice work reporter Chary. Thanks for the notice on my page. :toot:
(there is no accurate face here among these yellow circle looking pacman to describe what i feel properly)
:hateit:
Maybe they'll change their mind and port it to NX too?... Oh wait no discs... rip then

Reactions: kehkou

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you don't have a PC or something? I'm sure this will run on a middle spec system. Nothing fancy.
Of course i have a pc... that i need to upgrade. I just don't use it as a major gaming platform, mostly for exclusives you can't get anywhere else like super house of dead ninjas :P . I rather not deal with settings of optimizations that require updated hardware to use especially if it cost too much. :teach:

Maybe they'll change their mind and port it to NX too?... Oh wait no discs... rip then
Who said the game will be a disc format? Maybe is a download only, it look like a download kind of game. No one would put a game like that on disc. :glare:

I hope :unsure:
Maybe NX will get one :)

But i had hoped for Wii u or 3ds at least one or the other. :(

Is already lacking games and No i don't want mario sonic olympic adventures (I know is not called that)
I want definite sonic game like Sonic 4 part 3 :creep:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Where did you get the idea that the NX was cartridge based? Last I heard it was a rumor. That would make it hard for devs and people to port it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I can't believe you got me with that +1