Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
new.gif
1466 - Ten Pin Alley 2 USA 32Mbit (Rising Sun)

1466.PNG
1466-2.PNG

Language: English.
Save Type: None
wink.gif
[/p]

dotKite

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Judging by the screenshot the alley seems like it's at least 10 miles long... lol. But, I'm going to see if it's worth playing through, unlockables and stuff etc.

Does anyone know of that bolwing game for the PC? You throw the ball and you have to guide it around a course of obstacles untill you reach the pins... It was quite fun, but I can't remember it's name. :-|

dotKite

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
^ not sure if it's the game you are talking about

but we have astro bowl here at the arcades, and it sounds exactly like that pc game you described
Astro ball, it sounds sort of familliar... Do you start in like a "Portal" in which you rotate around and select an entrance? Entrances include Arcade mode, Legends mode and some other sort of modes...lol. ;-)

But yeah, it could quite possibly be. Have you got any screenshots of it?

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Game's not too bad, pretty bland graphics and I don't really enjoy the gameplay so far. The way you bowl is similar to mario golf, except it's not very fun. Just aim where you want the bowling ball to go, and press a twice within the two white lines. (the bar to the left) The closer you are to the lines the straighter and faster your ball is going to roll.

There are four different locations to play on and quite a few characters to choose from. Good features are that you can play up to four players without two gba's and the pictures of character's expressions are an added bonus.

2/5

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Downloaded, Played, Reviewed:

Gameplay: the same as above. you play bowling in a kinda simplistic way. you can either play practise (which i recommand for the beginning) or tournament. but this is the most boring i've seen ever. you just go through all 4 locations and play 3 CPU guys. somehow you win or not but there's nothing fancy about it.
Graphics: reminds me of one-piece-baseball somehow. crazy characters playing it out having some different images, that's all. graphics could definitly be better in this one.
Music: nothing to worry about. it's fiddeling in the background and will not disturb much. it won't attract you much neither though.
Controls: first you select the point ot shot with the blue arrow. if you don't get the arrow where you want it press B to retry (which makes it just tooooo easy). once this is like you want select the power. the only usefull point to stop is at the top white line. if you go above you foul. just press B again to hit your power until it matches (again, tooooo easy). then select the spin. if you stop at the upper line it spins a lot, if you stop in the small area below the lower white line it goes straight. if you miss have fun
happy.gif
like stated it's just too easy to score strikes like this. just shot straigth ahead, full strength, straight shot and bang... unless you are kinda unlucky you get your strike. got a 300 game like this (yawn).
VBA: the speed up button will help you a lot. you can't skip the CPU playing which is kinda annoying. but with speed button you can get past it quickly. also save states can be nice, in the case you missed a shot badly or you wanna try to get a 300 point game just for fun. otherwise no issues here.

Overall: with sports games i like reviewing and i hoped this one is good. it's mediocre. just don't expect too much from it. although not really a blast you can try it out for a break. it's something different than YAJG (yet another japanese game).

Score:
unsure.gif

bolton2

bolton2
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BOWLING yay, i am a bowler myself with a 200 average to boot
tongue.gif
, so this owns, now i have a descent bowling game to play on my gba
biggrin.gif

if its anythign like the psone version, it should be cake to play, im donwloading now

for some odd reasons lol i get 300's when i play the game, but 200's in reality
tongue.gif
thi is an outrage j/k
tongue.gif

Dragonlord

Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

if its anythign like the psone version, it should be cake to play, im donwloading now

tongue.gif
thi is an outrage j/k
tongue.gif
well.... i've written how easy it is to get a 300. if you know real bowling it's not that tricky. for the others just do the plain hit strike... kinda lame but works fair well
happy.gif

bolton2

bolton2
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

tongue.gif
thi is an outrage j/k
tongue.gif
well.... i've written how easy it is to get a 300. if you know real bowling it's not that tricky. for the others just do the plain hit strike... kinda lame but works fair well
happy.gif
heh in reality a 300 is very hard
tongue.gif
unless your in the PBA. i need to get new bowling balls, i use an ebonite tornado and a hammer, its a nice combo in lite to medium oil, but kills me on heavy oil, i ws thiking of buying eithera savage or just go big an get a columbia icon but im not sure, either way i need someti8ng for heavy oil conditions, so ill be making a descision soon lol

Dragonlord

Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

tongue.gif
thi is an outrage j/k
tongue.gif
happy.gif
heh in reality a 300 is very hard
tongue.gif
unless your in the PBA. i need to get new bowling balls, i use an ebonite tornado and a hammer, its a nice combo in lite to medium oil, but kills me on heavy oil, i ws thiking of buying eithera savage or just go big an get a columbia icon but im not sure, either way i need someti8ng for heavy oil conditions, so ill be making a descision soon lol
haha... don't kill me with jargon... i only played casual and not really well too but yeah... i liked it. one of the 'sports' i just learned by looking and doing...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM