New: 1466 - Ten Pin Alley 2 (U)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by T-hug, Apr 24, 2004.

Apr 24, 2004

New: 1466 - Ten Pin Alley 2 (U) by T-hug at 1:19 AM (2,809 Views / 0 Likes) 26 replies

1. T-hug
    OP

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    [​IMG] 1466 - Ten Pin Alley 2 USA 32Mbit (Rising Sun)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Language: English.
    Save Type: None [​IMG] [/p]

2. bandidoquest

Member bandidoquest GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    lol, looks fun

3. Akotan

Member Akotan Mathematical!

Brazil
    Seeing the pics, I think its hard... 2 faults! (:wtf:)
    I didn't like the graphics... But bowling is OK!

4. Hybrid Stigmata

Member Hybrid Stigmata The New Build

United States
    nothings cooler than making assumptions about games based upon screenshots

5. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    Was there a one, wait...yeah there was...I recall one being made for the PS1.

6. assassinz

Member assassinz Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!

United States
    This looks like it should be fun.
    I hope it's better than a cell-phone bowling game!

7. AutoPrime

Member AutoPrime GBAtemp bum

United States
    no ones played?? :-/ i want an opinion

8. stivsama

Member stivsama GBA-Tenchan

It's cool, huh? I'll make some of my own, hmmm.. From what I'm looking, this game "feels" like a wayward bowling ball.. in the 'NADS! *UgH!* [​IMG]

9. dotKite

Newcomer dotKite Member

United Kingdom
    Judging by the screenshot the alley seems like it's at least 10 miles long... lol. But, I'm going to see if it's worth playing through, unlockables and stuff etc.

Does anyone know of that bolwing game for the PC? You throw the ball and you have to guide it around a course of obstacles untill you reach the pins... It was quite fun, but I can't remember it's name. :-|

10. Myke

Member Myke so tasty!

United States
    ^ not sure if it's the game you are talking about

but we have astro bowl here at the arcades, and it sounds exactly like that pc game you described

11. dotKite

Newcomer dotKite Member

United Kingdom
    Astro ball, it sounds sort of familliar... Do you start in like a "Portal" in which you rotate around and select an entrance? Entrances include Arcade mode, Legends mode and some other sort of modes...lol. ;-)

But yeah, it could quite possibly be. Have you got any screenshots of it?

12. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    Game's not too bad, pretty bland graphics and I don't really enjoy the gameplay so far. The way you bowl is similar to mario golf, except it's not very fun. Just aim where you want the bowling ball to go, and press a twice within the two white lines. (the bar to the left) The closer you are to the lines the straighter and faster your ball is going to roll.

There are four different locations to play on and quite a few characters to choose from. Good features are that you can play up to four players without two gba's and the pictures of character's expressions are an added bonus.

2/5

13. Dragonlord

Member Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue

Switzerland
    Downloaded, Played, Reviewed:

Gameplay: the same as above. you play bowling in a kinda simplistic way. you can either play practise (which i recommand for the beginning) or tournament. but this is the most boring i've seen ever. you just go through all 4 locations and play 3 CPU guys. somehow you win or not but there's nothing fancy about it.
    Graphics: reminds me of one-piece-baseball somehow. crazy characters playing it out having some different images, that's all. graphics could definitly be better in this one.
    Music: nothing to worry about. it's fiddeling in the background and will not disturb much. it won't attract you much neither though.
    Controls: first you select the point ot shot with the blue arrow. if you don't get the arrow where you want it press B to retry (which makes it just tooooo easy). once this is like you want select the power. the only usefull point to stop is at the top white line. if you go above you foul. just press B again to hit your power until it matches (again, tooooo easy). then select the spin. if you stop at the upper line it spins a lot, if you stop in the small area below the lower white line it goes straight. if you miss have fun [​IMG].
    like stated it's just too easy to score strikes like this. just shot straigth ahead, full strength, straight shot and bang... unless you are kinda unlucky you get your strike. got a 300 game like this (yawn).
    VBA: the speed up button will help you a lot. you can't skip the CPU playing which is kinda annoying. but with speed button you can get past it quickly. also save states can be nice, in the case you missed a shot badly or you wanna try to get a 300 point game just for fun. otherwise no issues here.

Overall: with sports games i like reviewing and i hoped this one is good. it's mediocre. just don't expect too much from it. although not really a blast you can try it out for a break. it's something different than YAJG (yet another japanese game).

Score: [​IMG]

14. bolton2

Member bolton2 bolton2

United States
    BOWLING yay, i am a bowler myself with a 200 average to boot [​IMG], so this owns, now i have a descent bowling game to play on my gba [​IMG]

if its anythign like the psone version, it should be cake to play, im donwloading now

for some odd reasons lol i get 300's when i play the game, but 200's in reality [​IMG] thi is an outrage j/k [​IMG]

15. Dragonlord

Switzerland
    well.... i've written how easy it is to get a 300. if you know real bowling it's not that tricky. for the others just do the plain hit strike... kinda lame but works fair well [​IMG]

16. bolton2

Member bolton2 bolton2

United States
    heh in reality a 300 is very hard [​IMG] unless your in the PBA. i need to get new bowling balls, i use an ebonite tornado and a hammer, its a nice combo in lite to medium oil, but kills me on heavy oil, i ws thiking of buying eithera savage or just go big an get a columbia icon but im not sure, either way i need someti8ng for heavy oil conditions, so ill be making a descision soon lol

17. Vizenzo

Member Vizenzo GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    Hey I love the bowling games [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. Dragonlord

Switzerland
    haha... don't kill me with jargon... i only played casual and not really well too but yeah... i liked it. one of the 'sports' i just learned by looking and doing...

19. e2city

Member e2city Advanced Member

Canada
    Personally, I prefer the bowling mini-game in Super Monkey Ball Jr. It supports multiplayer as well.

20. Gounta

Newcomer Gounta Member

France
    It's a very funny game to pass time like a certain One Piece Goin Baseball. [​IMG]