OP
Trophies
Website
www.still-i-rise.com
XP
Country
United States
new.gif
1460 - Shining Soul II USA 128Mbit (iND)

1460.PNG
1460-2.PNG

Languages: English
Save Type: FLASH512_V131 (512Kbit)[/p]

walkir

Child of Darkness
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually 1407 was the european version. This is a totally different version in a language called americanish
wink.gif

It's very difficult to make a game in americanish, since they must include at least three typos in each sentence
biggrin.gif

GoodKupo knows this language very well *lol*

Jojjy Ugnick

shake your bonbon
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Is the AMERICAN (
cool.gif
) translation any different than the European English one, because otherwise I'll just stick with my Euro cart. That way I can play it in French too!

I wonder why there isn't a Canadian region with E and F in them. That would be cool, but that would mean longer waits.

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Is the AMERICAN (
cool.gif
) translation any different than the European English one, because otherwise I'll just stick with my Euro cart. That way I can play it in French too!

I wonder why there isn't a Canadian region with E and F in them. That would be cool, but that would mean longer waits.
Canada may be a decent-sized market, but we're not exactly an economic goldmine in video gaming. As it stands, a release with E and F in it would be the Euro release, usually.

Of course, my bigger beef is with "armor" or the like instead of "armour" (and the myriad other dialectual differences... Canada's English is a hybrid of England's English and the USA's English). I still think the old Americans changed that just to spite the British.

And let's not even start the whole Metric System debate.
happy.gif

-Tempest out.-

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Because metric has nothing to do with Shining Soul II, despite me being in complete and utter concurrance.

I'm going to have to give this one a shot. I've never played a Shining Soul game before, and my last exam is tomorrow (ugh, thermodynamics...).

-Tempest out.-

|Wolf|

Lord of the Wolves
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It would be cool if one day they start to release the European version in North America. Many titles already include multi language. I'm sure if the games can be found in in French for French-Canadian, in Spanish for Hispano-American and Mexican, they will just increase their market. European version are already translated why not just print new box and voilà! your done.

I can read English easily but this is another thing for the kids. Ask a 8 years old kid who want to play Pokemon but he must learn English before playing. Another point is to get some title American and English Canadian don't have any interest but characteres like Titeuf, Lucky Luke, Astérix, the Smurfs are part of the French Canadian Culture too.

Canada is in the middle between Europe and the States. We can stand with colour instead of color (anyway I'm always using colour
wink.gif
) same thing for metric. Let the people choose between the 2 regions and the only risk they encounter is to sell more Cartrige.

This was my Economic/Politic/Sociologic analyse about the release by region.

Wolf.

Dais

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because Shining Force hasn't been dumped yet?

also, I understand everyone likes the metric system, but I'll be damned if I've ever found a more useful measurement unit than the inch.

.....hmm, maybe the cup.

mekaxero

I am the alpha, and the omega
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
from wut i have heard, the U translation of Shining Soul was better than the E translation of Shining Soul. So i would expect that if they did make any mistakes in the E version, they will be fixed in the U version.

camx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i played the E version maybe 3 or 4 game hours. it didnt grab me, i might play it again because there are a lot of side quests you can miss in the beginning. SS1 kept me for a LOT longer because i like games where you get lots and lots of items and can do cool stuff with em (like star ocean).

monsters dont drop hardly anything in SS2 and getting money was way too time consuming, fighting the same dungeons over and over for very little gain
frown.gif

L

Light

how many different languages is dumb game supposed to be realesed in before it dies out?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/