Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nooo! I don't watch it much but it's a game based on the TV show of the same name over here in the UK shown on BBC 2 (I think). Anyway it's really lame..these people control 3D cg robots (with very bad bones, meshes and textures) over some obstacle course which is also cg in an arena surrounded by a real audience...how it actually works is anybodys guess, but it's too painful to watch.

Official site here for anyone who cares.

smile.gif

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Fightbox is some shitty show in the uk (on bbc) where computer animated robots chosen by teams "battle" each other. I've never watched it before and I don't plan on doing so.

stDeaReG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
why is it always the GBA that gets to put up with crap like this. I wish ninty would make it nearly impossible to code for their system. It's not like there's that many 3th party developers to complain anyways.

sigfried

Trophies
Website
www.dimensions-sega.fr.st
XP
Country
France
why is it always the GBA that gets to put up with crap like this. I wish ninty would make it nearly impossible to code for their system. It's not like there's that many 3th party developers to complain anyways.
Because the GBA turns into (well in fact "the GBA is") a commercial console as the Snes and the ps1 were. It is the only way to survive.

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Downloaded, Reviewed, Played:

Gameplay: well then folks, let's go. nothing impressive in this cathegory. like mentioned above you build 'n' command a small robot which jumps, fights his way through tournaments. in fact there are four different types of 'minigames' in this tournaments you have to beat to get your points. the rest is old coffee from yesterday: you upgrade your bot, repair it, battle it. at least it is not difficult so you get through it quickly. otherwise nothing worth seeing though.
Graphics: with one word, crapy. although not as bad as other games belonging in the same cathegory it's definitly not the best you will find on a GBA.
Music: nothing worth mentioning. i hardly noticed it anyways.
Controls: you control your bot using the d-pad and the A/B buttons. R jumps, L ducks. the controls are at least kinda responsive and do work, what you can not say about clipping in the maps. overall a usable control layout.
VBA: like many else, works smooth, doesn't chick around and can be speeded up. i donno how far cause you really don't need it.

Overall: that you folks let me review this was kinda... ****... anyways. it's not that bad it looks at the beginning but unless you have some relation to this or otherwise some itching in your buttocks you should stay away from it. it's nothing that you have not already seen and nothing that is as superiour new that it needs attention.

Score:
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse