hencegames.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Heh, must be an april fool's joke
wink.gif

Digimon racing yeah right
tongue.gif

I knew the Japanese can be weird, but Digimon racing? Who thinks of stuff like that?
Come on.
(still gonna check it tho
wink.gif
)

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
There are already various Digimon games out there, (including a Racing one) and there are a whole lot more in the Works (IE: Digimon: RUmble Arena 2, and Digimon World 4). But yeah, I've had my doubts about this game, hope it's good.
happy.gif

Squiffy

GBATemp's Little Embarrassment
Trophies
Website
pyon.co.uk
XP
Country
My impressions.
It's very smooth. The number of different frames for the cart as you rotate around it is phenomenal. There are different colours for the cart and there are plenty of characters with different abilities to choose from.

In game it's totally different from, for example, Mario Kart : Super Circuit, and you wil notice this as soon as you hit R. It's not a small hop but rather a huge jump to slide into corners now. Things seemed a little slippy on the road but got better when I evolved.

This is done by hitting special areas of the ground which look like dark-blue electric circuits. You fill up a meter on the left of the screen and once it's full, you evolve your next stage. Each character has their unique attack and once you've evolved once, subsequent filling of the bar lets you use the attack at the cost of some of the power you've collected. Of course, power ups are rife and you can use them at any time with L. If you're attacked you will go back to your original, un-evolved state and will be slower and have worse handling until you get back to the stronger stage.

The sounds are great, with good quality voices from the various characters squealing random things in Japanese at you. The music is sufficient for this type of game and is nothing special althought the title music was particularly catchy.

Overall it's a nice game, and will probably be released in English considering the franchise's mediocre popularity.

Score : 8/10

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
My impressions.
It's very smooth. The number of different frames for the cart as you rotate around it is phenomenal. There are different colours for the cart and there are plenty of characters with different abilities to choose from.

In game it's totally different from, for example, Mario Kart : Super Circuit, and you wil notice this as soon as you hit R. It's not a small hop but rather a huge jump to slide into corners now. Things seemed a little slippy on the road but got better when I evolved.

This is done by hitting special areas of the ground which look like dark-blue electric circuits. You fill up a meter on the left of the screen and once it's full, you evolve your next stage. Each character has their unique attack and once you've evolved once, subsequent filling of the bar lets you use the attack at the cost of some of the power you've collected. Of course, power ups are rife and you can use them at any time with L. If you're attacked you will go back to your original, un-evolved state and will be slower and have worse handling until you get back to the stronger stage.

The sounds are great, with good quality voices from the various characters squealing random things in Japanese at you. The music is sufficient for this type of game and is nothing special althought the title music was particularly catchy.

Overall it's a nice game, and will probably be released in English considering the franchise's mediocre popularity.

Score : 8/10
Woah......when you posted that your post count was 666, and its April fools day...how do we know this review isn't an April Fools day prank?
tongue.gif

P.S. - It has always been planned to be released in North America, and the show used to be really popular, then that terrible "Digimon Frontier" (Season 4) came out, and the fanbase started to die, then when it was dubbed (Disney had bought out Saban so now they dubbed it) it made the series even worse. It was a sad thing to watch the Digimon fanbase collapse but..*shrugs*
tongue.gif

Akiraro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just play the game for 20 mins......Simply not as good as Konami Krazy Racers and Mario Kart Super Circuit. The collision detection is not very good.

Goku644

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The games an okay Mario kart clone, some nice touches and features, its at least better then some of the crappy clones out there.
But if you a Digimon fan, you'll love this game.

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
One more Quick-Review from my part:

Graphics: not much to say there. the graphics are nice. the characters have kinda lots of sprites for all possible angles, nice job. the tracks are sometimes difficult to see if you don`t know the track. otherwise good graphics.
Sound: didn`t notice the sound very much which can be a good or a bad sign. i consider it though medium. voice acting is nice although i understand nothing (sure, it`s jap). otherwise not much to speak off.
Gameplay: conventional kart racing game like the good old SkunnyKart (go Gondra go
happy.gif
). the characters all have different stats which makes some of them a reather peinfull experience (byomon for example is the poorest slider i`ve seen U_U). the items are in my opinion too powerfull and more than not you get angry if some retared 5th place cpu player pins you down from way back with a lightning making you fall back 4 places in turn. they should have restricted the use of the powerups in range or in power. who likes this style, go on, if not you will have a bit of a hard time though.
Controls: not much to say than easy. A accelerates, B brakes, L shoots and R jumps... can`t get easier than that. although in my experience the controls have been a bit slopy at responding and sometimes driving straight ahead was painfull but i think this is more due to my old sidewinder gamepad really worn out
wink.gif

Goodies: characters and tracks are unlockable after you complete cups or time races. the original first season cast is present and some three others can be unlocked (i think this will be veemon and guilmon and seme guy i`ve no idea who he is). i`ve never been a friend of this unlocking stuff cause i like playing with the chars i know and love but anyways... makes you play longer if you insist on playing cool digimons
cool.gif

VBA Compatibility: works like a charm. runs without a bios and does it`s job well, no freezing no other quirks.
Speed Up: i guess you can speed it up to 200% and more in VBA but in this game it really makes no sense to speed up things.

Overall: if you like digimon i would go for it cause it`s really something new with them and not like the battle spirit crap out there. if you donno what this quirky guys are you might like kart racers and give it a try. if you are none of the above it`s up to you. it`s a nice game that deserves a try out.
scoring 7 of 10.

sVc_Chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
omg omg this is out!but as AP(advance power) is down,i can get it.So,fellow Gbaers,can you help me to get this through a PM?thx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr