New: 1373 - Corvette (U)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Feb 7, 2004.

Feb 7, 2004

New: 1373 - Corvette (U) by shaunj66 at 6:41 PM (4,157 Views / 0 Likes) 37 replies

1. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] 1373 - Corvette USA 64Mbit (Independent)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Languages: English, Francais, Deutsche, Italiano, Espanol.
    Save Type: EEPROM_V122[/p]

2. Lord Graga

Member Lord Graga He's the llamamaster!

Denmark
    [​IMG]

Hahaha, great.. [​IMG]

3. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    lol that was a good laugh. I'm getting the game now [​IMG]

4. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    I see the new Metroid One! [​IMG]

5. Fusion

Member Fusion On/Off GBA-Temp'er

WOOHOO not only is that game out, but i got to see that cool pic, 2 thumbs up WAY up [​IMG]

6. Woxxy

Member Woxxy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

hahaha! great tba-pic [​IMG]

7. Garp

Member Garp GBATemp's Wandering Gnome

United States
    I thought this game would NEVER get dumped. I seriously thought that. So it's a bit of a surprise to see something other than yet another region dump of an old game. Very nice...probably a cruddy game, but eh...it's new. It's a game. Good enough for me. [​IMG] I'm not real picky right now.

8. elfgirl_45

Member elfgirl_45 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hmm this looks lame... looks like a road trip game rather than a racing game. [​IMG] What's with position 2 out of 2?! A racing game where you race only one other person?? boooooourns

9. Sharkhelm

Member Sharkhelm Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I don't like racing games so I'm not downloading this. Looks lame anyway. [​IMG]

10. DjFIL

Member DjFIL GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    AARGH... it still frusterates me when people post stuff about a game they have no interest for in the first place... why even waste your time let alone the board space! jeesh.

anyway... I'm a racing game fan and look forward to finaly playing this game and giving my honest and fully compiled decision on the quality of this game. From the screen graphics don't look too bad... we've seen better and we've seen worse. Lets see how it handels and how game play and longevity is.

....Phil

11. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    Graphics are ok but the tracks are a little plain. The music is so corny that I can't stand it. You can race up to 7 (I think) other drivers which isn't really new to see here, (allthough it is better then 1 opponant [​IMG]) it shouldn't be too difficult for you to win races. The only real thing I like about this game iare the car crashes which does entertain you for a few moments. It just doesn't keep me entertained enough to want more from this game, it seems kinda sluggish for me. 6/10

12. Garp

Member Garp GBATemp's Wandering Gnome

United States
    At least they're not saying that if you input a special code you can unlock a super secret Gamecube mode of Metroid Prime 3. lol

13. wolfen

Newcomer wolfen Member

Portugal
    the graphics look good... but the same can be said until the low fps count ruin them. Will download it as soon as I catch it on AP, but with medium expectations.

14. DjFIL

Member DjFIL GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    It's now time for the instant review by Phil. I've now played through the first level of the challange mode, and I've seen enough. This game does have some good points, but for me no longevity what so ever.

Front End/Menus : damn they're slow... and that music is annoying. not very good first impression given.

Graphics : 3d graphics (i believe the car is 3d too) with fair texture quality. but this is pretty low quality 3d engine. the draw distance is very low, maybe 100 to 200 meters at max... this is even more noticable in the long tunnels for when the end of the tunnel light just suddenly appears. frame rate is horid... i'm guessing like 10 maybe 15 FPS... and that's being nice... gives no sense of speed at all. But i will say, atleast the low frame rate doesn't effect the controls as it did with Quad Desert Fury. And the track design is boring as can be... reminds me of driving around the Pole Position style track, but with hills to the side to make it look a bit better.

there are a few nice points... car shadows, it actualy rotates around the car when you change angles as it should... very nice. terrain shaddows... the car goes in to shadows when the car is in an area on the ground that is in shadows... but for some reason the shadow on the ground is always from the right side of the screen... but oh well. And car model is very basic, very low poly... but it does show body roll nicely.

control: one word... arcadeish. controls exactly as you'd expect an arcade racer to control... i'm going back to NFS:ug for my racing, way better controlsphysics there.

out of 10... i might give this a 6. It doesn't deserve any higher then that... and it isn't a terriable game... it's just that the standards bar has been set higher with releases of V-Rally, Top Gear Rally and NFS:Underground.

15. gba2002

Member gba2002 GBA SP Masta

Australia
    for some reason this doesnt look like the need for speed version i was hoping for but none the less its a good looking game.

16. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    downloadin it

17. Goa

Newcomer Goa Member

Portugal
    I would bet that OutRun is way better

18. wolfen

Newcomer wolfen Member

Portugal
    After trying it, it's not bad, but not so good either. The music is annoying (but at least you can turn it off), framerate is acceptable, graphics are detailed and "clean", but the gamplay leaves a tad to be desired.

As for ratings, I would give it a 6, but since it has the '60 vette, it's a 7/10.

19. lise

Newcomer lise Member

THIS SO LAME, LAME LAME!

The opponements drive through other cars, NO SPRITE DETECTION (COLLUSION) FOR ya enemies !!!

LAME, GAY, LAME !!!

You drive full throttle and feel liek slow-mo !!!

Dont give it try, its CRAP!

4 points out of 10

20. sigfried

Member sigfried GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    No one made a game for my 26th anniversary. Fortunately if it's a shit like this game i prefer not to have one.