Country
Canada
Gallery
Music room
Metroid nes game (original)
Metroid 2 (gb)
Some weird mini game (Wreckage)
Cheat mode
1) It's there, for me it's only got the one ending screen I've recieved but I assume it has all of them available.

2) Possible, but highly unlikely.

3) That's there, after you beat the game.

4) Lies. This was actually denounced by Nintendo at one point, I seem to recall.

5) I doubt this with every fiber of my being.

6) I am absolutely certain this isn't there. Nintendo has never supported cheating in Metroid, and in fact has done the opposite over the years (by having bubble doors remain open, by powering-up the wall jump's distance, and so on to restrict people from exploiting glitches in the games -- in my examples, respectively, to stop people from entering hidden areas/glitches or to stop the SM climbing of sheer walls.).

Until I see proof (which I bet I will not), that's my stance. Should I happen to unlock one of these things beyond Metroid 1 and Gallery, I'll post my save to prove it. On the other hand, if I get every ending on every difficulty mode and don't find it, that save's going up too.

-Tempest out.-

S

stahl

QUOTE said:
Now if only they'd remake/do a sequel for bionic commando.. That would be something! I still play it w/ pocketnes.

There is a sequel for Bionic Commando on GBC, called Bionic Commando Elite Forces.

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
Might I suggest users who sign up, and only post one message that is pure lies (the one being discucced) be deleted? That just seems like immediate grounds for removal, to me. In all seriousness, If you walk into a resturaunt, and loudly proclaim, "All the food here is crap, but at least it's free!", you probably won't be around much longer.

Zendrik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thx for your response X-Gamer, but you misunderstood the question. Umm....Should I play Metroid, that is a bonus feature on Metroid Prime before I play MZM? If I do this, I could see what changes were made, since I never played the NES game.

D

DarkWolfNine

Zinge88,

Its really up to you. They are similar in ways, but in others they are completely different. I think even if you played the original after Metroid Zero you would really appreciate what they have done with Zero. But Metroid (NES) is truly a great classic worthy of playing.

~DWN

X-Gamer

GBATemp RPG Master
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Whether you play the original game or the remake first is your own choice, Zinge88 like DarkWolfNine said. I would suggest playing the original game first and see how hard it really is (except that the bonus game from Metroid Prime allow you to save unlike the one on the NES). If you get too frustrated with this game, go ahead and try Zero Mission and you'll learn to appreciate all the improvements that were added into the game.

ATTENTION: Okay, I think we have enough posts saying "WOOHOO, finally here!", "I'm gonna download it right away!" or something else like this here. Sure, it's great to see a great rom like Metroid finally out but, if this keep up, this topic will be flooded with unnecessary posts like these so let's try to post something a little more useful from now on. If the thread get too big with so many posts, it will have to be closed eventually.

J

Jim200

Ok...commencing the mission right now (actually, I got to download it first). Are there any special kinks to be fixed with some emulators? For example, the flickering with Mario and Luigi: SuperStar Saga.

X-Gamer

GBATemp RPG Master
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So far, I haven't found any glitches in the game and I'm using the latest official version of the VBA (version 1.7) so I don't think you should have any problems with this one.

phuzzz

Hooha!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, there are no glitches that I can find. However, there are a few slow down points when there a whole lot of enemies on the screen. It's weird, because that's the kind of thing you'd expect from a PC game, not a GBA game. Although, it might be because I'm playing on my computer. If anyone else is getting it, more importantly on hardware, could you say so? I'd like to know.

Electricview

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
K i downloaded the 8 meg version of this trashman one.. anyone else get a "NES METROID" on their menu when they flash this? I get the normal zero hour but also get the NEW METROID option, that just goes to a black screen and locks up the screen?? whats the deal here?

face_kicker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow...I can remember when I used to play this every Saturday afternoon in my big grey box!! This is so much nicer and easier. Old school gaming in full effect!! I hope you youngn's like it...This old man sure does!!
happy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: