OP
Trophies
Website
www.still-i-rise.com
XP
Country
United States
new.gif
1222 - Top Gear Rally EUR 64 Mbits (Surplus)

1222.PNG
1222-2.PNG

Languages: Deutsch, Francais, English, Italiano, Espanol
Save Type : EEPROM[/p]

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
I love the Top Gear rally for the SNES,I hope this one is good
dont you mean the N64 version, cause thats where top gear rally 1 & 2 is on?
blink.gif
cause the ones on the SNES was not the rally games it only had Top Gear 1, 2 & 3000 on SNES.

I also agree with shaunj66 as this is a great 3D racer, but i cant make up my mind if i like this or V-Rally 3 better
huh.gif
I hope they do Colin Mcrae Rally 3 on the gba in this style gfx
smile.gif

Deadpool-HC

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
its a fun game and all, but its nothing compared to any of the GT Advance games, they still hold the title for best racing games on gba in my eyes!
All these racers might just be put to shame when NFS Underground comes out, but lets just wait and see how the GBA port of that will turn out!

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
sorry to correct you deadpool... but all racing games WILL be put to shame once GP Advance (by Prograph Research) comes out. Too bad at this time it's impossiable to get a Formula One licencing because of SCEE taking out an exclusive rights 4 year contract... but I'm working with sony and the simulation racing community to get this one changed. I'll post info about this here once I get that working. But I think prograph should use their brilliant DR Advance 3d engine, as seen in the screenshots on the website, to make a really rally game. Maybe collin mcrae... maybe a real WRC rally game like the ones that are coming out on PS2.

But back to this game... i'm in the queue to get it now. It should be alright. When I played the Jap version I thaught the handeling and tracks were a little too arcadish (not true to rally because for some reason they can't create a really tight hair pin with this graphics engine they designed, and also in real rally you don't race against other drivers, you race against them based on time... which i preffer)... but now that i'll beable to play with car settings and such... maybe i'll re decide. I'll probably write a review for this as well at EAGB. Anyway... back to waiting in the queue.

stDeaReG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
okay, i disagree with deadpool.

this game is awesome, the heightdifferences, AI behaviour, handling and steering of the cars and even when you finish and you see it brake (just like a real car the front goes down a bit and bounces back), it's just all so well done.

Yes, i will enjoy this game for a long while I'm sure.

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
It's a pretty good game. I'm glad to see Tantalus has brought their 3d racing engine along even further, as they have finaly fixed the issue where the oponents were visable behind corners and through hills. The car roll is very nice.

But... for rally games on GBA... this isn't no V-Rally 3. It's missing the beautiful landscapes, the true in car view (not the front of car view that this one includes), the car damage and also the fact that rally isn't in direct competition but timed competition, unless in a rally cross. But overall... i'll probably play this game for a while. Atleast until one of the NFS games are released.

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
The game looks good! I gave it just a try, but feels very good to me. I red about it on Nintendo italian official magazine (Nintendo la Rivista Ufficiale), they said it is the first gba game with a good 3d engine..it seems to be true=) I saw the gp advance page..this game looks very intresting and promising! When is it coming out? gimme gimme gimme!!
laugh.gif

Woxxy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hmm... seems the US-version isn't out yet...
is it undumped or unreleased?

To kristianity77:
Just trim it and it should go from 64 to 40-50 Mb

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Finally! This is great, I've been waiting for this since the Jap release!
To anyone who hasn't played the Jap version this is the best rally game on the gba. Plus (none of the screenshots show) you can change to view to be in the cockpit like in V-Rally 3 by pressing Select.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.