Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
new.gif
1128 - Duel Masters JAPAN 64 Mbits (Rising Sun)

1128.PNG
1128-2.PNG

Save Type : SRAM[/p]

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, never heard of this game. Looks like Yu-Gi-Oh in a way. BTW Thug, love the dancing girl and cat in your sig.

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mmm...
there is the name of wizard of the coast on the game (never thinked of see wizard of the coast on a japan game!
laugh.gif
) so it might be good (if you can understand what is happening
dry.gif
)
anyway...
what the hell is that site thug?
i tried to see from what site the dancing cat & girl were from and i was welcomed by a japanese page with an happy birtday music!
blink.gif
blink.gif

square

The Professor
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mmm...
there is the name of wizard of the coast on the game (never thinked of see wizard of the coast on a japan game!Â
laugh.gif
) so it might be good (if you can understand what is happeningÂ
dry.gif
)
anyway...
what the hell is that site thug?
i tried to see from what site the dancing cat & girl were from and i was welcomed by a japanese page with an happy birtday music!Â
blink.gif
Â
blink.gif
LOL
laugh.gif

Esaltato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you wanna know the program used to generate danving characters is called D-Player... it's not japanese but Korean. It's free, the girl in the gif is Boa, the most famous K-Pop singer. Check this... and excuse the O.T.
smile.gif

SeiferA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FINALLY! I've been waiting to try out this game!

I've heard of Duel Masters since I got my november issue of coro coro comics. It's somewhat similar to Yu-gi-oh, except I assume that the rules are different. It's got a manga running in coro coro comics, and it's quite decent.

square

The Professor
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Magus: The site that pic is from, has a neat area, where if you click it with your mouse, fireworks come.
happy.gif
I am throughly ammused for this instant

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You can't do Magic on the GBA, unless you limit it to the lame Portal sets (exception: Portal: Third Age was actually quite cool). The rules simply allow for too much wrasslin' to pull off on the GBA.

Let me give you an example. One card that's used against me with lethal results is Synapse Sliver, which basically says that whenever he hits me with a Sliver (a type of creature), he can draw a card if he wants. He then proceeded to attack me with about three thousand unblockable slivers, and I couldn't have survived the attack. However, I've turned what WOULD have been a loss into a WIN because of a rules trick that no computer could do -- Stifle (a card that counters a triggered ability), used on the trigger "May not". You see, when anything says "may", there's also a "may not" implied within. I simply prevented my opponent from choosing NOT to draw a card... and thus, he had to draw a card for each sliver that hit me as it hit me. He ran out of cards before I ran out of life, and thus I won. A computer can't do that.

Meanwhile, Yu-Gi-Oh, where the most advanced stuff involves cosmic reset buttons , tributing stuff, or bringing stuff back and enhancing it, perfectly fits the GBA. Looking at this, it looks fit for the GBA too, although I haven't played it.

Bear in mind as well that a computer can't be toyed with. I've pissed an opponent off so much that he conceded, despite the fact that he easily could have won (I kept turning his big dragons into 0/1 sheep, and bluffing him that I had a counterspell in my hand...).

...Sorry, I go through rants like this at every card game on the GBA...

-Tempest out.-

biglatinking

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
sleep.gif
Well this game is a rip off of M.T.G and some kind of mix with the stupid Y.G.O game.
In other words this a mix between those games that should have not even ben made in the first place.Im quite disapointed that Wizards of the coast even put this as a gba game.The evidence that its a rip off is that the little symboles on the cards are the symboles that appear in M.T.G so I dont recomend this game i recomend you go play MAGIC THE GATHERING
smile.gif
For real

esrion

Poetic Spammer of Justice
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
yes, it's supposedly takara's answer to konami. i guess they wanted something to come out so they wouldn't lose the entire market to konami.

the characters suck a**. it looks like they hired some 5 year old and asked him to imitate yu-gi-oh. ugh.

the cards themselves are actually not bad, except for the fact that too many of them share the same characterisitcs and strengths. but this is due to the fact that they may also be used as mana (energy).

there are only two types of cards, creature and spell cards. i was going to get into the mechanics of it, but it'd take up too much space.

the graphics for the cards are actually pretty well done. by themselves, the cards could make up for a good game. unfortunately, though, the game seems to be more of a building-up and tearing-down kind of game (anyone play DT Lords of Genoms on the GB? much better than this game) and doesn't allow as much flexibility in style.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gonna love it when the next update blocks them